Chapter 39

"And how do you know this?" Jack asked, raising his brow at Andre who now stood in the shadows outside the casino.

"I told you I would take care of Phillip but the bastard got out before I could. He has many men on his payroll- and he plans to come after you by morning." Andre replied.

"I could get the police involved." Jack said and Andre shook his head.

"You and I both know that won't work." Andre said.

"Then what are you suggesting?" Jack asked.

"Leave tonight. Get her, get your things and get out." Andre said, tossing his cigarette down and putting it out.

"I can't get a car tonight." Jack muttered.

"You don't need one. Get her- and get your things. Then, come find me." Andre said, moving away.

Jack stared at him incredulously for a moment. So Phillip was setting up a trap for him. Damn it. He should have seen it coming.

It didn't matter- they had planned on leaving the next day early, before Marco could come looking for them. Maybe this was the perfect excuse to get her out of there- maybe he didn't need to let her go through all that.

"No. Wait." He told himself, remembering Matteo's words. Jack moved quickly towards the shadows, looking for a place he could be alone.

He looked around- pitch black- and then he reached into his pocket, turning on the small ear piece he was wearing.

There was static- and then he heard.

-----

"What the fuck?" Victor called out, stepping away from Javi who now stood with her hands on her neck, trying to recover.

She'd kicked him as hard as he could, managing to make him stumble back and crash into the nearby table.

"Little bitch..." He muttered, going for her again but Javi picked up a nearby chair and flung it at him, making him again stumble back. Then, before he could recover, she'd jumped up and kicked him across the face, once and then again.

Marco smiled, watching how she moved quickly- noting the way her dress slid about, ripping and revealing a small black holster.

Victor reached out and managed to grab Javi's hair, making her flinch for a moment before she reacted with an elbow. The sudden movement succeeded in getting him to release her but she was almost immediately dragged onto the floor.

Javi kicked, loosing a shoe in the process as she squirmed away.

Victor tossed the shoe at Javi, but she had already moved, kicking him over and over until he was suddenly still on the ground, unconscious. It all happened so fast that she'd almost forgotten about the other men in the room. Almost.

Quickly, she pulled out both guns she was wearing and pointed one at the two men by the balcony and the other at Marco.

"Drop it." A voice said from behind her. Javi was still. Fuck- the forth man.

Javi didn't move, her guns still in place.

"I'll kill him." Javi said but the man laughed.

"And I'll kill you." he said. Marco smiled.

"Sweetie- you see, you're making this more complicated than necessary. Come, sit down." Marco said, pointing to a chair he was dragging out to the center of the room.

Javi made a move to go towards Marco but the hard barrell of the gun on the back of the head stopped her.

"Drop those first." The man said. Javi looked at Marco who sighed.