Chapter 46

Note: this is a long one! FYI- we are almost done with this story. After that I will focus on finishing Princess of St. Vincent and sometime this week I will update all my stories and release the long awaited Mafia Daughter 3. Thanks for all the support so far... Enjoy!

----

Jack smiled at the attendant- he'd just called him by his name.

"I suppose we are going to continue this conversation inside?" Jack said but the man shook his head.

"It doesn't have to be that way." The man said.

"Then tell me, how is it going to be? Do you work for him- for Andre Cabot?" Jack asked and the man's face grew dark.

"No- we do not work for him but the man we do work for makes it his business to know who comes in and out of this city." The attendant said.

"Who would that be?" Jack asked and the man shook his head.

"You and I both know there are things we don't speak about and questions we shouldn't ask." He replied.

"So- is there going to be trouble?" Jack replied.

"It depends on why you are here. The boss is very particular about who comes and goes." The man replied.

"I could be on vacation." Jack said.

"That wouldn't be a problem but let's try again- if you were on vacation, wouldn't you have used your real name and no an alias?" He asked.

"I'm here to find someone." He said simply.

"Mr. Cabot?" The man asked.

"Actually, someone he's with." Jack said.

"I see- the woman." The man replied. Jack looked up at him- this man really was aware of everything.

"She's important to me- I want to bring her home." Jack said.

"We make it a point not to interfere with anyone's business as long as it doesn't interfere with ours. You can take the woman if she goes with you willingly. There is no reason she cannot leave." The man said.

"What about Cabot?" Jack replied, thinking he might have to kill him.

"Do what you will as long as you do not cause my boss any grievances." The man said.

Jack turned on his engine as the man stepped away but his hand on the window kept him from driving off.

"It is good for you to note that my boss considers Andre Cabot a thorn in his side." The man said.

There it was- the real reason he was stopped. Whoever this man worked for wanted Andre Cabot killed.

"Where does he live?" Jack asked. The man smiled and stepped back.

"On the beach, you'll know it when you see it." The man said.

"Thank you." Jack replied.

"No, thank you."
----

"What are you talking about?" Javi asked, too many things coming to mind.