Chapter 41

Javi stood in front of a very large octagon mirror which sat above a marble sink.

It smelled nice in the restroom... and in the room... it always did. She knew that Jack's housekeeper came in while she had been sleeping and replaced the flowers, opened windows and freshened the potpourri.

She was sure he was the one who asked her to do it.

She'd been here a little over a week- at least that was what she thought but for the first few days they kept her sedated and she didn't mind at all. The bruises and broken bones needed mending and the process was a painful one.

She stared at the cast she was wearing over the left arm- a broken wrist. She was honestly thankful that it hadn't been worse- she'd thought it would be! But now she knew it would only be a few more weeks before she could have it removed.

She looked back up to her reflection as she splashed some water about her face with her right hand, toweling off immediately but gently. Although her eye was no longer swollen shut, there were still shadows of pink, purple, green and yellow. Most of her face was covered in fading bruises but at least her lip had healed nicely and the bloodshot look was practically gone from her eyes.

All in all- she might not look so pretty but she was certain everything would heal nicely. With a smile, she stared over at the large stand alone tub.

Today was the second day she'd ventured out of bed without help- she was sore and weak but a nice warm bath sounded like a lovely idea.

She smiled, moving over and thinking how wonderful this place was but she wasn't sure if she thought so because it was beautiful or because it belonged to Jack.

Jack hadn't hesitated in bringing her here.

The night that they'd escaped from Monaco had been one of the most frightening in his life. It was a blur- one large and seemingly endless blur.

He'd managed to grab every last thing from their hotel room in just a few minutes- it wasn't too hard, after all, their training had taught them to be extremely meticulous and organized.

When he'd managed to change and make it down to the lobby, he found that Andre was already speaking to Max.

Javi had already been placed in Andre's car and Andre had given her a sedative.

The night seemed endless as he drove them to Nice, where he let them stay in his home. Andre had called on family physician who would not ask any questions.

He'd also tried to insist that they stay until Javi was well enough to travel but Jack knew that they couldn't- He needed to get Javi out of France and somewhere where she could be completely at ease. It would do no good if she said something she shouldn't while she was out of it.

He'd almost made up his mind to drive the entire way- but Andre had insisted the journey would be too much at that point and so he offered his plane to take them to Athens. From there- Jack hired a private boat to take them to Oia.

It wasn't easy for Jack to trust someone like Andre- in fact, his every instinct told him he knew too much but he didn't have much of a choice. He needed to think about what was best for Javi.

Now here she was, in his home. Jack smiled, thinking how'd they'd been able to have lunch together the day before, for the first time and how pretty she looked sitting up in the bed and smiling at him.

Jack sliced a grapefruit in half and placed it on a try, along with a series of small sandwiches and other assorted fruits. She was looking better everyday and although it made him happy to see her recovered, he was a little bit afraid of the conversation they would need to have now that the mission was over.