Chapter 34

"What do you see?" Jack asked softly, his fingers playing with a bit of Javi's hair.

They were standing out against the rails that faced the line of yachts by the ocean, enjoying a casual stroll. Javi's eyes scanned the square which faced Jack's back as he continued to move his fingers about her face and hair.

"So far no one." She said softly and with a sigh. They'd been standing there for nearly an hour and would need to walk away soon, before it started to look suspicious.

It had been quite the interesting day, although maybe not as interesting as the day before. She still blushed thinking about it. Jack had kept her in bed the entire time- the only time she was allowed to get up was to use the restroom.  He hadn't let her wear any clothes and she'd even had all her food brought up to her.

This morning, she woken to find that Jack was already dressed and beckoning her to do the same. For a moment it had actually felt like they were just a normal couple on vacation... until she slipped the gun into the holster on her thigh.  Then she'd recalled what they were here to do- find that man who shouldn't be here, find out why he was here and make sure he had nothing to do with the smuggling reported just south of here.

She'd been a little bit anxious when Jack hadn't really looked at her much as they left the room, he'd hardly spoken to her at all and even know as he gently caressed her cheek or held her hand, she was aware it was all part of their roles as a happily married couple.

"2 o clock. That man looks a bit suspicious." Javi said after noting a man who had hardly moved. He leaned against a light pole, sunglasses on and reading the exact same page from the paper for the last hour almost.

Jack smiled and shifted, turning Javi so that she was now leaning against him as he leaned with his back completely to the rails. Javi put her arms around his neck, enjoying the opportunity to be close to him and wondering if after all this Jack would just pretend that nothing that happened. Maybe it was a childish thought, but it frightened her more than she cared to admit.

Jack turned his face down towards Javi but he wasn't looking at her, his eyes were on the man that Javi had mentioned.

"Bingo." Jack said, giving Javi's waist a light squeeze as he pulled her away.

"Who is he?" She asked, taking his hand and letting him guide her around the square casually.

"His name is Victor." He said, guiding her along, slowly and making a few random stops.

"And he works for our man." Javi said, pretending to be interested in a scarf. In fact, it was a rather nice one and she wrapped it around her neck for a second, admiring it in a nearby mirror.

"Pretty scarf but of course, pretty woman. Fits you beautifully." The man in the shop said, hurrying out to them.

"It's very nice." Javi said with a smile, knowing he was trying to make a sale. She quickly unwrapped it from her neck and placed it back on the rack.

"Maybe a nice present?" The man said, looking at Jack who was grinning ear to ear.

"Could be." He said, picking up the scarf and wrapping it around Javi's neck one more time. He leaned in, as she stared at her reflection and whispered closely. "I still owe you one, remember?"

Javi laughed. She'd actually forgotten all about that. Instead she shook her head and Jack removed it from around her neck.

"That's right but I'll save that one for a rainy day." She said, looking back towards the square and realizing the man was gone.

"I'm hungry." She said then, facing Jack.

"Let's go." He nodded, taking her hand and leading her back towards one of the side streets. It only took Javi a few minutes before she realized he was leading her to that restaurant from the first day.