Chapter 15

"I don't know if I am ready for this." Javi said, staring down at the coffee sitting in front of her. Jack sighed.

"Me either, but I don't believe there's much of a choice. I have to do this job and to be honest, the best way to learn is on the job." Jack said.

"So I have three weeks to get all of this together?" She asked, looking at the list.

"Yes- here." He said, handing her a small envelope. Javi raised a brow and picked it up.

"What is this?" She said, holding a few hundreds in her hand.

"This is for you to buy your flight and what you need before leaving. The flight you buy tomorrow, first thing." He said.

"In cash?" She asked.

"No. Don't be silly, look again." Jack said. Javi picked up the envelope and spotted a black credit card.

"This is?" She asked, realizing that it had her name on it.

"That's your company card." He said with a smile.

"And I use this for?" She asked.

"Expenses in the US." He said. She nodded.

"Okay, what about in Europe?" She asked.

"Matteo will provide us with money for those expenses- I'll explain how that works later." he said.

"Tell me more about this man." Javi said.

"He's not like you and I- he doesn't even know we exist but he is an agent or supposed to be.  He gets paid to cover tracks in Italy but we have reason to believe he has a side business."  Jack said.

"That's bad?" Javi asked.

"Any business that is not la famiglia has the potential to be dangerous to our business. It's conflict of interest, you should always go through Matteo if you are interested in starting business." Jack said.  "Sometimes he will get you started and decide to take a percentage other times he will give consent to you starting independently. It all depends."

"Okay. So what if we can find evidence that he is sneaking around?" Javi said.

"We collect and deliver. That's it. If we do our job right, we don't have..." Jack said but Javi interrupted.

"Kill anyone, right. Okay.  What will happen to him?" Javi asked.  Jack shrugged.

"Don't try to see farther than is meant for your eyes."  He said. Javi nodded.

"Anyways, we have more work to do before the time comes so I better go. Tomorrow will be a long day." He stood, moving towards the door.

"Wait."Javi called, reaching out to him.

"Please don't tell me you're going to disappear again and leave me with that incompetent fool." She said. Jack raised his brow.

"Don't tell me you'll miss me?" He asked. Javi scoffed.

"Please, I just don't want to spend another three weeks learning nothing." She said. Jack sighed.

"It can't be helped but I'll try to get you someone better. There's a lot more to prepare." He said and she stomped her foot.

"This is so outrageous. God Damn it, you fucking kicked my ass today! How am I ever going to fucking win against you?" She asked. he laughed.

"You won't but you can come close. I'll be back in two or three weeks. Challenge me to a fight then and If you even come close to winning, then I'll get you a present." He said.