Chapter 16

"Matteo- stop that." Viviana said with a frown. Matteo laughed.

"What am I doing?" He asked, sitting on the sofa in his office and holding Davide in his arms.

"Stop bouncing him that way, you'll give him shaken baby syndrome." Viviana said, crossing her arms.

"Shaken baby what?" He said with a smile, standing and holding Davide with care.

"Shaken baby syndrome. I'm not making it up- Don't look at me, it's a real thing." Viviana said, moving towards them and smiling at Davide, placing several kisses on his hands and face.

"He's going to be such a momma's boy if you keep doing that." Matteo said, smiling at Viviana.

"He's a baby- it doesn't matter if he's a momma's boy." She said, biting her lip and suddenly beginning to pace.

"Something wrong?" Matteo asked, gently putting Davide back in the infant car seat that was on the floor. He strapped him in with care, handing his a pacifier to keep him calm.

"Nothing. I have a doctor's appointment today- I don't suppose you can get away?" Viviana said, looking down at her hands.

"I could- it's a little bit hectic though... what time?" He asked moving towards her but Viviana stepped away and walked towards the window.

"At two." She said. Matteo sighed.

"I'm sorry- I can't cancel the meeting at that time." He said and Viviana shook her head.

"Don't worry. It's fine- I'll go on my own." She said, turning to smile at him.

"If you went to the doctor here, that wouldn't be a problem. I could pop in without rushing." Matteo said, his eyebrow lifted.

"I like my doctor, thank you very much." She said.

"Something's wrong. I can tell." Matteo said with a frown. Viviana shook her head and laughed.

"No, nothing is wrong. I just thought we could grab lunch. I'm dropping Davide with Bianca." Viviana said, moving towards Matteo. "But I'll be back soon."

Matteo reached towards Viviana, pulling her against him tightly and then cupping her face. She looked worried, a little bit sad even but he couldn't figure out why. Things between them were great, Davide was the funniest little baby and handsome... enough to make any parents proud. So, what was it?

"If somethings wrong, I want you to tell me." He insisted but Viviana laughed.

"No- nothing. I'm just tired, this kid only sleep when mommy can't." She leaned in and placed a kiss on Matteo's lips.

"I'll see you tonight?" He asked. Viviana nodded.

"Yes. Now, I better go if I'm going to get cutie here to Bianca and make it on time." Viviana said, turning to pick up the carrier but Matteo beat her to it.

"Come on, I'll walk you to the car." He said, "And don't forget to take an escort, please."

"I don't think I can- I talked to the guys this morning and they were all going to be somewhere today. Except maybe Alfonsino." Viviana said, eyes wide open.

"How is it that I have so many guys working for me and I can't spare two for a couple of hours?" He asked, frowning.

"Because you have someone important coming- don't deny it." She said with a smirk. "It's not a big deal. Don't worry, I'll be fine on my own for a couple of hours."

"No, I don't like it." He said then something hit him. "no... No, that won't work."

"What won't work?" She asked, raising her brow.