Chapter 14

"I... slipped?" Javi replied, making both men chuckle.

"Funny." Matteo said, shaking his head and looking at Jack, "You're supposed to be teaching her not killing her." Jack shrugged.

"Some lessons are learned the hard way." Jack said, back to his stoic self. Javi smiled.

"At least this one was." She said.

"So, I bet you're wondering why I called you here." Matteo said, leaning back in his chair. Javi was extremely curious but she didn't reveal it.

"The question crossed my mind." She said simply.

"I have some things for you." Matteo said, pulling a manila envelope from his top drawer and tossing it to her end of the desk. Javi raised a brow but she did not pick up the envelope.

"Go ahead, open it." Jack said. Javi reached out, taking the envelope and looking inside, noticing a few papers and... a couple of books? No. Not books.

She reached in and pulled out the two little booklets... passport books. Three, two in shades of maroon and one in the standard blue she recognized as a US passport.

"Those are your travel documents." He said.

"I'm neither from Spain nor the UK." She said, looking at both and noticing there was no photo, only names and dates she didn't know.

"You will need to be at times. We've created aliases for you, the likes of which you are strictly forbidden from using inside the US. Those are specifically for European travel. Do you understand?" He asked. Javi nodded, having a million questions but not sure where to start or if it would be appropriate to ask them.

"You'll be travelling soon, in about three weeks." Matteo said and Javi pulled out the remaining documents. There was little in there except photos of a man she'd never seen before, and photos of what looked like a casino.

"Where is this?" Javi asked before suddenly catching a glimpse. "Oh- Monte Carlo? In Monaco?"

"That's right. I need you to watch someone closely for me. I've already informed Jack on the details and he'll fill you in." Matteo said. Javi turned to Jack who was staring straight ahead.

"So... I'm travelling to Monaco with Jack?" Javi asked. Matteo nodded.

"For how long?" She asked.

"As long as it takes. When we are finished you will return with the report and standby until you are given a new job." Jack said simply.

"Jack take her to get fingerprinted and photographed. We need those passports back ASAP- my guys will need to seal them." Matteo said.

"Got It." Jack said, rising. Javi grabbed the items nervously and followed suit.

----

"I'm going to be photographed? Looking like this?" She asked as they walked down the hall, Jack turned to her.

"Your sunglasses." He said and her eyes widened as she quickly slipped them back on.

"Sorry." She muttered.

"Come on." He said, moving ahead of her swiftly. A few minutes later they were in another room.

"Okay, take those off." He said, turning on the light.

Javi looked around, it had been a bit dim before but now she could clearly see her surroundings. It was a plain white room and there was a camera. She walked around a second, putting her items down on a desk and then turn to face Jack who was now two centimeters away from her.