Chapter 32

"You were gone a while." Javi said as Jack walked back into the suite. It was dark out and she was extending her blanket and pillow on the ground as usual.

"I had to speak to Matteo." He said simply, dropping his things in the safe.

"oh. Is everything okay?" Javi said, wondering if maybe he'd heard anything about Viviana. She'd thought about her only a day or two ago and wondered how she was getting along.

"yes, everything is fine. I just updated him on our progress." Jack said.

"I see." Javi replied simply, looking back down at her spot on the floor. She'd slept quite comfortably the night before, it seemed a shame to waste the bed, especially when Jack actually turned out to be quite a nice partner to sleep with.

Javi turned red at the thought and put her hands on her cheeks. What in the world was she thinking? When she work up naked she was mortified to think that Jack had seen her that way.

But she did her best to push the thoughts away and focus on her job.

"Well, I'm going to sleep." She said, unsure of what to say next as she pulled the covers over and began to get as comfortable as possible.

"You should sleep on the bed." Jack said, his voice soft.

"Not this again." She said with a chuckle. "I thought I told you..."

"Yes, I know. I know.'' He said, rolling his eyes and running a hand through his hair as he paced up and down the room. ''Can't you just be cooperative for once?''

Javi sighed.

¨Why do you like to fight with me so much?¨She asked.

"I feel like you're deliberately difficult." He said with a frown.

"What about you? You sleep on the bed, after all- that's why I'm on the floor." She said sitting up.

"I already told you I'm not sleeping on the bed while a woman sleeps on the floor." He said, stopping and leaning against the table.

"I can already see we're not getting anywhere with this." Javi said, standing.

"What are you doing?" He asked, noting as she stretched out and sighed.

"I'm getting some water." She said with a shake of the head. "I swear you can be so childish sometimes."

"I'm childish?" He asked in surprise.

"Of course. We've already come to the agreement that no one is sleeping on the bed and still- you have to start an argument." Javi replied, grabbing a bottle of water.

"well, forgive me for thinking you might need a good night's rest after everything you've been through." He said, moving over to set up his pillow and blankets.

"I appreciate that but I'm not as fragile as you seem to think I am." She said her voice low.

Jack turned around and looked at her for a bit as she took a sip from the bottle before putting it down.

"You don't have to go- Friday. If you're not feeling up to it- I can't guarantee you won't run into that swine again." Jack said.

Javi raised her brow and shook her head.

"I have a job to do." She said, raising her chin and walking towards Jack. "Sure, I'll want to break his face if I see him, and I might. You know, I still haven't made up my mind on that...breaking his face I mean."

Jack's face softened for a second.

"I'm sorry." He said, making Javi raise her brow.

"For what?" She asked, confused.