Chapter 23

"Oh my god." Javi mumbled as they pulled into a villa off the coast.

"Try not to seem too impressed." He said as he stepped out of the car, a valet quickly approaching to open the door for Javi.

"It's hard." She said quietly, smiling at the man who let her out and waiting for Jack to approach her side. He placed a hand on her back and they walked towards the front of what now she was sure was a bed and breakfast.

She looked around, the entire place was splendid- so simple and yet so beautifully elegant. She felt slightly out of place as they walked through the front door and were greeted by an attentive staff member.

"Champagne?" Someone asked, making her turn in surprise. Jack smiled.

"Yes, Thank you." He said, handing a glass to Javi before taking one for himself and guiding her along to the front desk.

"Good Afternoon- Do you have a reservation?" The pretty receptionist said.

Javi looked around the hotel, trying to keep an emotionless face but finding it hard not to be impressed. She hardly heard any of the words that Jack was saying to her, trying to take it all in.

"Very good, Fredrich will take you to your room. Welcome to Monaco- and enjoy your stay." She heard the woman say at last and Javi turned to Jack questioningly. Was that it? No lost earring pretense or anything like that?

As they walked past the exuberant lobby and waited for the elevator, Jack pulled Javi close and leaned in like he might kiss her.

"count the staff." he mumbled, kissing her check gently. Javi smiled and looked around nonchalantly, trying to get an idea of how many people were in service in the lobby. A few seconds later the lift opened and Jack whisked her in, wrapping his arms around her and causing the bellboy to blush.

"I will let you two take this lift- I will be on the next one." He said with a smile, pressing the button for the appropriate floor.

"Thank you."Jack said, winking as the doors closed.

When Javi would have pulled away at the closed doors, Jack held her in place, leaning in and whispering.

"There are cameras..." He said, running a finger through her hair. Javi looked around nervous. "Security is a big deal here... remember what we talked about?"

Javi nodded with a smile, recalling the conversation they'd had about Monaco only a few days before. This was going to be the toughest part- in Monaco there would be few places where they would have privacy or be completely alone. They had talked about how close they'd have to be to really be able to speak.

"how many?" he asked.

"Twelve." She said simply.

"Good, every time we go into the lobby, i want you to count. Keep track, we need to know who is around." He said. Javi nodded.

"As we get to the room, I want you to complain about a headache, say you are going to shower- it will get rid of him quicker. he will be hesitant to leave." Jack said.

"Why would he be?" Javi asked.

"Because hotel staff can be quite nosey." Jack said simply. Javi sighed,not sure if that was really why but accepting it.

"I'm going to kiss you." Jack said and Javi's eyes quickly moved to him.

"Why?" She asked, "isn't this enough?"

Her arms were wrapped around his neck and his around her waist.

"It wouldn't justify us being alone at this moment." He said, looking at her. She nodded, and leaned in.