"Wait." She said, gently shoving him away. "Just wait."

Jack released her slowly and watched as she began to pace frantically, shaking her head as she did.

"No, no, no. This can't be happening. I was fine, I was finally fine." Javi muttered incoherently.

"Javi..." Jack began but she cut him off.

"No, wait. Stop. Jack- I was fine. I was finally fine. I..." She said, trying to catch her breath and feeling like she might start hyperventilating. Jack reached out towards her, wanting to help calm her but she smacked his hand away.

"No, don't touch me." She said, shaking her head. "This can't happen. It can't... I... can't trust you."

"Javi, please- I don't think I can do this again. I can't loose you again- you have no idea what I've been through, trying to forget you." Jack said in a pleading tone but Javi shook her head.

"And you have no idea how hard this was for me. I cried myself to sleep every night for a year trying to figure out why things were they way they were. And then, I forgave you- I finally managed to forgive you because I understood, it was your job but that doesn't mean I can forget." She was mumbling crazily, more to herself than to him.

"I would choose you over the job over and over again if you asked me to." Jack said, making Javi turn to stare at him confused.

"What?" She asked her voice low.

"I'll send him to hell. I'll quit right now." Jack said, taking out his phone, "I'll put you first over and over if you just come back."

Javi stared at Jack.

"You're serious, aren't you?" Javi asked, seeing the sincerity on his face.

"Yes." He answered, his eyes hopeful.

Javi was quiet for a moment- could she believe him? She had been so sure before- so sure that he would never betray her, never do anything to hurt her- she was certain he'd come to her rescue at any time.

"I need to be alone." Was all she could manage to say.

Jack was still. She'd turned him away and he'd said all he could say. With a nod, he turned on his heel and quickly walked out of the alley.

Javi was still, watching him walk away- her eyes wide.

"he's gone." She said with a sigh, still staring. She shook her head and looked around the alley. Who knew when she'd see him again she thought- would she ever see him again?

Then it hit her- she wanted to see him! She wanted to know she would see him again... those words- I'll put you first. It didn't matter what happened that night, she already knew... they were loyal to each other. They didn't even question each other about their jobs, they accepted everything they said as truth.

"Jack." She said, turning and walking out of the alley.

"Jack!" She called out loudly this time, picking up her pace as she ran and turned the corner... but Jack was gone.

---

"Jack- This is a nice surprise." Matteo said, standing up from around his desk and walking over to greet him.

Jack, however; reached out with both hands and quickly lifted the confused Matteo up and slammed him against the wall.

"What the hell..." Matteo began, pushing Jack off and landing a blow to his lower abdomen, making him stumble back.

"Why'd you do it?" Jack asked angrily. "Do you have any idea how fucked up that was?"

Matteo took a deep breath.