Moving On

Abby's P.O.V

Ever since the fight me and Jack, we've been acting really different towards each other. We would walk and bump each other, or roll our eyes at each other, etc.

It has been very awkward between us.

"Hi," Beth said.

"Hi," I said.

"Are you alright, ever since that fight with Jack, you've been acting weird." she said.

"I'm fine. Jack and I are done." I said.

"You aren't serious, right? You and Jack are otp, for gosh sakes!"

"OTP?"

"You know what I mean," she said.

"Actually I don't," I said.

"You and Jack are meant to be together, you can't let one little thing destroy that," she said.

"I didn't, he did."

I walked away.

"Hey," I looked to see Chris.

"Hi Chris," I said.

"So...I wanted to ask if you maybe....wanted to watch a movie at my place Friday night?"

"I don't know Chris...." I said.

"Come on....it's just a movie, and as soon as it's done you can leave," he said.

"Fine," I said.

"But this is not a date!"

"It's not," he said. I walked away. I bumped into to Jack...again, he just kept walking. Like he usually does. I ignored it and went to class.

Later that Day:

"He asked you out!"

"Yes..."

"I can't believe this....what about Jack?"

"What about him?" I asked.

"Please don't be that way," Beth said.

"He moved on...it's time for me to do the same."

"You're right, you're right...so you're going out with Chris?"

"No..this is not date!"

"Why not? He's hot," she said.

"Shut up!" I laughed, while pushing her jokingly.

"What! He is!" she laughed.

"So if this isn't a date...than what is it?" she asked.

"It's just two people hanging out," I said.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Okay," she laughs.

"I'm serious!"

She kept laughing. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Wait!"

Beth's P.O.V

I ran to Abby, but along the way I accidentally bumped into Jack.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"Jack!"

I was surprised when he turned around.

"I just want to apologize for not telling you about Abby," I said. I turned back around and walked to Abby.

"Wait," he said. I turned back around.

"I want to apologize for ignoring you, I know you were just trying to help her by keeping this secret from me....even though it was stupid....I shouldn't be mad at you," he said.

"So you forgive me?" I asked.

"Yes," he said.

"So does this mean we're friends again?" I asked. He nodded his head. He walked over to me and hugged me.

Abby's P.O.V

I looked back to see if Beth was following me, I was surprised when I didn't see her. I decided to walk back to get her. I walked back and saw Jack and Beth hugging. I quickly turned away and ran away.

At Home:

Beth kept calling me, but I ignored her. I can't believe she went behind my back and decided to make up with Jack.

I thought she was my friend, but I guess she was only my friend because Jack wasn't talking to her.

I then got a knock at my door. I opened it to see Chris.

"I know you're surprised to see me, but I just wanted to see you."

"I know you're probably wondering how I know your address, and you're probably going to think I'm crazy for saying this and doing this...but I followed you."

"You probably think I'm crazy, I should just leave..."

"Wait!"

He turned around.

"I do think you're crazy, but I think what you did was also cute."

"It was?"

I nodded.

"So what does this mean?"

"It means that we're still friends," I laughed.

"Oh," he said.

"So do you wanna come in?" I asked. He nodded.

The Next Day:

"Abby!"

"I've been calling and texting you all night, why weren't you answering?" Beth asked.

"I can't believe I fell for this," I said.

"Fell for what? Abby what are you talking about?"

"Oh don't play that dumb card with me, as soon as Jack stops talking to you, all of sudden you're talking to me. Now that you guys are close you're going to go back to him," I said.

"Abby what are you talking about?"

"You and Jack hugging. Does that ring a bell?"

"I was just apologizing to him," she said.

"About what?"

"I was apologizing for keeping your secret, you know you do owe me something for that, because if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be in this mess and Jack wouldn't have ignored me!"

"Well I'm sorry that you walked in the bathroom without knocking!"

"You know what I don't have time to go back-and-forth on this, so can we please just drop the topic?"

"Whatever Beth, you know what you can just go back to Jack and kiss his ass, because that's all you're going to do, because that's all you want to do, is kiss his ass!"

"You're just upset because he's still ignoring you!"

"I've moved on, I don't care about Jack! Just like he doesn't care about me!"

Everyone was looking at us.

"I don't have time for this, because unlike you I don't like the spotlight!"

"Are you saying I want all this attention!"

She nodded.

"All my life I've been trying to keep my life a secret, do you really think I want all this damn attention!"

She looked at me. I walked away. This will be the last time I see any of their faces, I'm done with this. I'm done with my life.