She wanted to say something, she wondered what the hell was going on but in the end, her instinct told her to let him be and stay quiet- making note to ask him the first opportunity they got.

She tried to shift a bit, get out of his reach but he only gave her a light squeeze, as if telling her not to move. Then, a few minutes later, the car pulled over.

"Would you mind explaining?" Javi said between gritted teeth as she walked on Jack's arm towards the restaurant. He smiled down at her and leaned in towards her ear as Max checked in at the front.

"The strap of your holster was showing. Place your napkin over your lap carefully and at the first chance, excuse yourself to hoist it up higher." He murmured, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Phillip is already waiting for us." Max said, a giant grin on his face as he saw Jack so close to his wife. She smiled brightly.

"Great, let's not keep him waiting." Jack said, signalling for Max to lead the way as he placed a hand on Javi's back to guide her.

"Just relax and smile, you won't have to say much. He'll be drawn to you as long as you smile." Jack said in a low voice. Javi nodded, straightening herself as they arrived at a table in the back, trying to portray a certain amount of confidence and aloofness.

The restaurant was more than upscale- even Javi who had been eating tuna cans everyday for the last 5 years knew this. The way there was more than one man everywhere to open doors and move chairs- men who were there just to hold extra napkins and damp warm towels, men standing by with utensils and wine menus, men who rotated about the room making small talk with the guests, men who stood by just to light cigars... and then there was a man who stood behind Phillip, a man she understood was there to handle everything for him as he was much too rich to even pay his own bill. The man behind him was quiet and unobtrusive, but he took the order from them all and gave it to the waiter, he refilled their glass anytime it looked empty and he was the one who guessed all of Phillip's needs before he even had a chance to say them.

Javi watched- it was amazing that there could be so much extravagance in one single room.

She remembered what Jack told her about ordering something light, something that wasn't too fragrant... he'd been adamant about how Phillip should want to be close to her. Basically, he told her that her breath couldn't stink. Well, of course- she wasn't dumb but it was funny to hear.

Jack watched as Javi ate a salad and laughed at everything that Phillip said, batting her eyes and looking away when he stared at her.

And he did stare at her- it was obvious he liked her, he had always been a fan of blondes.

Phillip was a short man, maybe about Javi's height but he was very large, very robust and his face turned red as he ate as if he was trying to accomplish an important goal by stuffing himself with as much food as possible, as quickly as possible.

During the meal, he laughed loudly, he spoke loudly and he stared- voraciously.

Jack knew that Javi would be disgusted by the man- and she was. She couldn't figure that any woman, regardless of what benefit such an alliance could provide, would let him touch her with those stubby fingers. They were disgusting. He was disgusting- a man who was supposed to be refined and spoke with food his mouth and ate with his fingers. She tried not stare but every once in a while she'd look down at his oily hands feel like she might regurgitate. She reminded herself to be calm- after all, at some point he might reach out for her- this was the point of their meeting.

She needed to ask him about their main target- she and Jack had gone over It so many times, the right questions and the right way to ask them... along with the right moment.

"Jimena- Are you enjoying your stay in Monaco?" Phillip asked, turning the attention at the table to her fully. Javi smiled and looked at him, keeping her voice light and airy.

"I am- I've never been here before and I hope that I'll have time to see it all." Javi said as practiced.

"Is there anything in particular you'd like to see?" Phillip asked, staring straight on. "I'd be happy to show you anything you like, of course, with your husband's permission."

Javi giggled, it was strange to hear herself giggle.

"Oh he doesn't mind, do you?" She asked looking at Jack, who very much wanted to say that he did mind and that startled him. Instead he grin and brought her hands to his lips.

"Anything you want." He said. Javi turned back to Phillip and raised a brow.

"See? Now, as for me- I'd love to see the casino." Javi said.

"Attracted by the glamour of Monte Carlo?" Max asked and she smiled shyly.

"Guilty." Javi answered.

"I'll make sure we get to visit before we go." Jack said and then, as expected, Phillip took the bait.

"Tonight I'm meeting with a group of friend in a private room- private party. Why don't you all join me?" Phillip asked.

"Oh, we'd hate to intrude." Jack said.

"Not at all, there's always room for more... especially pretty women like yourself." Phillip said, winking at Javi.

Javi smiled and looked down, trying to look shy but she felt a little bit like she would throw up. The entire scene was too much.

"I'd love to see it." Javi said, looking at Jack.

"Then of course, we'd love to accept your invitation." Jack said.

"Wonderful, our room has a great view from the terrace..." Phillip said, suddenly leaning in and whispering towards Javi, "And I'd love to share it with you."

Jack turned to Max who was smiling- Phillip had never cared for propriety. It didn't matter if her husband was right next to her, Phillip was a man who always got what he wanted, no one ever stood in his way and in general, he was never challenged.

Max was not a foolish or fleeting man, he knew that Miguel was not really Miguel, and while that might be his wife, she was not really Jimena. Most people might think that he was a drifter, a man who mooched off of his friends and made as many connections as possible as long as he could live in luxury. Sure, he always had one or two older women who were happy to pay for his meals, and Max was usually persona grata in any great home.

But people wrongfully treated him as if he was unintelligent, unaware that he stood silently and observed, picking up on a lot more than people expected and while the world saw him as a carefree and wanton playboy, he had his own mission to fulfill.

As for Miguel and his wife, he had caught on the moment Miguel told him he was married- there was something going here. While she did do a good job and acting her part, he could tell she was repelled by the older and... large. He almost laughed as he thought it... but now, looking at Miguel, he wondered if either of them knew that Phillip was not a man who ever took no for an answer.

And he hoped, the information that they wanted was worth it because the way that Phillip was looking at Jimena, he was certain there would be no escaping tonight.