71

"This is so strange." I giggle as I pull away from the thousandth kiss we have shared in the past five minutes.

"I don't really know what to do, I'm new at this." Brad admits which makes me smile, I hate how cute he is sometimes.

"Well, not to put a downer on the situation, but we still need to talk about what happened tonight." I sigh and look down with the image of seeing his lips on hers flashing in my mind.

"But I told you that I love you..." Brad frowns.

"That doesn't make it okay, Brad."

"I know, babe. I know." He takes my face in his hands again. The pet name sends my stomach in circles. "I swear to you, she kissed me. I tried to push her off of me but she was so fucking desperate, she has been ever since..."

"Ever since what?" I push him to finish his sentence. He sighs but composes himself.

"Ever since we fucked." He admits.

I cringe at his choice of words and the thoughts of him and her together in bed. Those thoughts hurt way more than seeing him kiss her. Brad seems to notice my behaviour as he tilts up my chin with his fingers.

"Hey, it meant nothing, you know that." He softly says. "And it was years ago."

"It still hurts." I swallow the lump in my throat and look away from his intense eyes for a second.

"I...love you, not her." Brad struggles to say the words but they still manage to make my insides turn. "It was a mistake I didn't even choose to make and I'm so sorry for it." He sincerely looks into my eyes which breaks down the small amount of resistance I have against him.

"I know." I sigh. "I forgive you."

"You forgive me?" He asks with astonishment. "Really?"

"Yes." I laugh. "Why? Is there something else I need to cry about?" I slightly tease.

"No it's just...I didn't think you would." He looks at me with slightly widened eyes. "I thought I'd ruined it all."

"Honestly, I think I would have ended this if you hadn't told me that you loved me." I admit and look up to see him in silence. "I just wanted to see some kind of emotion from you, I was scared that you were...just playing with me." I reveal one of my biggest fears.

"I would never, I could never." Brad sincerely says and then sighs. "All this emotion is fucking exhausting." He says with a little chuckle.

"Then let's go to bed." I suggest.

"But your aunt...are you sure?" He asks me.

"We'll deal with that in the morning. Right now, all I want is to go to bed with you." I smile softly and take his hands in mine.

"I bet you do." He teases with his infamous smirk resting on his face.

"You're a ridiculous man." I roll my eyes as I laugh at him. "Come on."

I walk out of the kitchen whilst pulling him along with me. He follows behind me closely but just as I begin walking up the stairs, a heavy knock on my door stops me. Who could that be? Panic rushes through me as someone pounds on my door. I push past Brad and rush to my front door, opening it quickly.

"Liv." Charis breathes out with a panic-stricken face.

I take in her appearance, she has blood smeared on her t-shirt, her hair is messed up and her eyes are wide. I look to the body slumped against hers and my heart pounds against my chest. I look at the blonde boy being held up entirely by Charis' arms around his body. His face is covered with so much blood it's hard to tell where his features are, a large lump rests on his right cheekbone and he is clutching onto his stomach with one of his arms.