67

I drag Brad back into the kitchen and watch him pour me a drink and get his own. He hands me my drink and jumps up onto the counter to sit on it. I stand between his legs and take a gulp from my drink. The counter is quite low and my heels are quite tall which leads to me only being slightly shorter than Brad as he sits on the counter. Brad places his beer on the side and rests both of his hands on my hips.

"Well you seem happier." He says.

"I am." I grin and drink again. I like this drink. "You seem hornier." My intoxicated mouth blurts out. I giggle at myself.

"I am." He smirks and pulls me a little closer to him.

I look into his eyes and I really want to kiss him. I like kissing him. Kissing is fun. I lean in slightly and part my lips as his eyes flicker down to them. My heart pounds against my chest with anticipation, how these feelings resurface every time I'm close to him belittles me.

"Liv!" A familiar voice shouts my name, making me me instantly pull away and turn around.

"Jesus." Brad complains as my hair accidentally whips him in the face.

I apologise and track down the source of the voice. A huge grin takes over my face as I notice Tris coming towards us. I expect Brad to release his grip on my waist but instead it tightens.

"Hey!" I greet him the best that I can.

I then notice a girl standing next to him with a big grin. Her skin is a deep brown and her eyes a light blue. Her natural, shoulder length, Afro hair is a lighter blonde shade which complements the white dress on her curvy body. Woah, she really is pretty. I'm fairly certain I've seen her around school with the more popular people of the school. Maybe this is why Tristan is suddenly more popular?

"Hi!" Tristan smiles as he reaches us. "This is my girlfriend, Kayla." He introduces me to the girl, his words slightly slurred together.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Liv." I smile and give her a small wave.

"You too." She smiles politely and I decide that I like her.

I hear Brad cough not so subtly behind me and I roll my eyes at him.

"This is Brad, my...uh this is Brad." I smile, I have no idea what to call him so this will have to do.

"Nice to meet you." Kayla politely greets Brad who just nods rudely at her.

"Are you two having a good time?" I ask the couple in front of me to make up for Brad's rudeness.

"Yes! The music is actually good for a change!" Kayla jokes which makes me laugh.

"I know right? The music is usually so typical." I agree with her.

"That's what I always say! Sorry Tris, I'm leaving you for Liv, we have a connection." She jokes which makes us all laugh, with the obvious exception of Brad who just watches us in silence whilst holding onto me.

"I have no problem with that." I play along.

"Well I do! If you don't mind, I'm going to take her away before she runs off with you." Tris laughs.

"Okay, I'll see you around. It was nice to meet you." I address Kayla again.

"You too, have fun!" She smiles and leaves the kitchen with Tristan.

I turn back around to face Brad who looks suspicious and angry as usual with a deep scowl on his face.

"I like her, she's nice." I smile at him and drink my drink. My head is fuzzy now but I don't mind.