57

It's hot. Too hot. I open my eyes and wipe the sweat off of my forehead. I look towards the weight on my stomach to see Brad's head resting on top of it, his curly hair a complete mess, sprawled over my skin. His arm is lazily around my waist and his t-shirt that I'm wearing has managed to ride all the way up off of my stomach. Even in his sleep he's undressing me. I chuckle to myself and run my hands through his hair. I like it when he's like this, so innocent and carefree. The permanent scowl doesn't rest between his brows and his lips emit soft puffs of air, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. He stirs for a moment so I immediately pull my hands out of his hair, I don't want him to feel like I'm pushing boundaries or something, he gets mad over the smallest of things.

"What are you doing?" He mumbles in his deep voice and tightens his arm around me even more.

"Sorry." I apologise. I really hope he isn't in a bad mood today.

"No, I like it." Brad mumbles quietly.

Well I wasn't expecting that. I slowly move my hands back into his hair and run my fingers through his curls. Maybe he's in a good mood today? I can only hope, we still have to talk about things and if he's in a good mood it will be easier than the latter.

"How did you sleep?" I ask him to take me away from my thoughts about yesterday, Brad's dad, the impending dinner today.

"Better than usual." His husky morning voice answers me as he lifts his head up and rests his chin on my stomach. My heart flutters at the sight of him looking so innocent.

"Good." I smile at him and remove my hands from his hair as he moves up the bed and lays next to me.

"What are you doing today?" He yawns and rubs his hair, shaking his head side to side before attempting to push it off of his forehead.

Has he forgotten about the dinner or is he just dismissing it?

"You know what I'm doing today..." I trail off. I'm nervous that he's going to flip at any moment and ruin the somber mood filling the room right now.

"I already told you that's not happening and anyway that's later. Do you not want breakfast?" He asks me. I huff at the first part of his statement but choose to ignore it, I would rather argue later than now.

"Yeah, where are we going? Wait what day is it?" I ask him, I've completely lost track of the days since he came to my house and took me out. He seems to distract me from everything.

"Monday." He informs me and scoots a little closer to me.

I hastily sit up and jump out of the bed. How did I forget about school? Oh god Sam is going to kill me.

"Oh my god! Brad! Why didn't you tell me? I can't miss school oh my god I need to-" I begin to panic but I'm cut off by Brad getting out of bed and standing in front of me.

"Calm down!" He chuckles and rests his hands on my arms, bringing them back down from flailing around. "It's already twelve, you've missed half the day. You may as well miss the rest of it." He tries to sooth me.

"I can't miss the day! Sam is going to kill me." I try to explain to him that he might be able to ditch school but I definitely can not. Sam worked hard to get me back on track after everything and I owe it to her to show that I can do it.

"It's only one day, Sam isn't going to find out. Just call in sick or something." He shrugs.

"I can't Brad, it's important." I mutter.

"It's only school." He rolls his eyes, instantly aggravating me. He really doesn't get it.

"It's not only school. There's shit you don't know about me so don't assume that I'm just being a nerd or whatever it is you call me behind my back." I fire at him and turn around to leave, he stops me by wrapping his hand around my wrist and tugging me back to face him.