53

"Bitch tell me everything. Now." Charis orders me on the other end of the line.

"Okay." I chuckle. "What do you want me to start with?" I sit down on the edge of my bed and scratch my head.

"Start from the beginning of whenever the hell you two became a thing." She says. Wow I've left a lot out.

Charis phoned me almost as soon as I got home from school, I barely even had time to take my bag off before she begged me for information.

"Well..." I sigh and sit on the edge of my bed. "I really didn't like him at first he was so annoying and cocky and sex obsessed." I begin.

"Right..." She encourages me.

"Then we kissed at a party and I kind of liked it. He wouldn't leave me alone, then all that stuff happened with Tate and he beat him up. Oh and I had to tutor him for English but it turns out he only wanted to do that to spend time with me." I try to think of what has actually happened this past three months. Three months? Wow that's gone fast. "Then we erm...well you're going to scold me."

"Go on." She says.

"We kind of became friends with benefits..." I wait for her overreaction.

"OLIVIA!" She scolds me. Of course. "What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I was attracted to him and wanted to have sex with him." I simply answer. I'm not ashamed by my actions. "Anyway, we were like that for like a month and then we had this argument and he said some horrible things to me so I walked out. Then the next day he asked me on a date." I smile at the memory.

"A date?! Brad Simpson on a date?" Charis exclaims. I chuckle.

"Yeah and it was actually cute." I laugh, making sure not to share the details of our date. I want that to be private. "He apologised and I forgave him, everything was good again. Then that party-"

I'm interrupted by my doorbell ringing. I get up from my bed and make my way downstairs.

"That party happened and he said in front of his friends that I'm nothing to him and he just wanted to have sex with me." I sigh as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"What an ass." She defensively says.

"I know, hold on." I put the phone against my chest and open the door.

My eyebrows raise and my eyes widen with shock as I take in the sight of the curly haired boy in front of me. He's wearing his usual leather jacket and white t-shirt but his unruly hair is pushed back by a white bandana. My insides squirm at the sight. I take in the dark, purple bruise around his left eye and the healing gashes on his cheekbone and lip.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Nice to see you too." He smiles and invites himself in, shutting the door behind him.

"You can't come in, my aunt is here!" I scold him. I don't want her to see him and assume we're a thing. I don't want to have to try and explain what we are because I don't even know what we are.

Brad shrugs and steps toward me.

"I'm on the phone." I tell him, hoping he won't try anything. Hell, I know that won't stop him.

"To who?" He asks me, reaching up to his bandana and pushing it further back on his head.

"Charis." I force my eyes away from him, I'm getting distracted already.

He nods so I take that as a signal to continue our conversation.

"Hey, I'm back." I bring the phone back to my ear. "Brad's here." I tell her.