66

"Come on it's only one day." Brad whines and tugs on my arm as we walk down my street.

"I can't Brad, I've got work to do. I don't want to get into any trouble or fall behind." I argue for the tenth time and try to shake him off of my arm.

"You can have a break, you are allowed some days off." He tries to persuade me as we continue walking.

I was walking home from school on my own as usual, when Brad showed up out of nowhere and offered to walk with me. However, I knew he wanted something and he soon began begging me to come to his friends party after I said that I would think about it earlier today.

"Why do you want me to come so badly? It's only a party, you've been to loads of them." I laugh lightly at his behaviour.

"They're boring and I need you there to entertain me." He says.

"Charming." I laugh sarcastically. "But school is my main priority, Brad. Not a party." I look to him.

He walks directly in front of me and stops me from walking.

"Come on." He whines. "It will be fun, I think your friends are going as well. Well I know that Tristan is."

"How do you know that?" I question with furrowed eyebrows, I'm surprised Brad even heard about what Tris gets up to in his spare time.

"He's suddenly become 'popular' as some people call it." He gestures with his hands and rolls his eyes. "I don't fucking know, just come please. I need you there." He pouts.

I frown at his statement, Tristan became popular? Since when? He always told me he hated people like that.

"You're annoying." I laugh.

"I'll take that as a yes." He cheekily grins. "I'll pick you up at nine thirty." He kisses me on the cheek and walks in the opposite direction to where we just came from.

I turn around to watch him walk off, he turns around and walks backwards.

"Wear something sexy!" He shouts down the street, winks and turns around again.

What an idiot. I shake my head and make my way to my front door, quickly unlocking it, running inside and jumping on my sofa. It's been a long ass day. A quick nap won't hurt. I close my eyes and let my exhausted body rest.

/ / / /

I open my eyes reluctantly and notice the small ache of pain in my neck instantly. Jesus. I push up off of my sofa and rub my neck as I sit up. I definitely feel better now. I stand up and stretch but something catches my attention. Looking outside my window, I notice how dark it is already. I was only asleep for five minutes? I pick up my phone and check the time.

*21:10*

"Oh fuck." I curse to myself and sprint up the stairs.

How the hell did I sleep for so long? There's no way I'm going to look even remotely presentable for this party now. It usually takes me twenty minutes to pick out an outfit alone. I rush into my bedroom and open my wardrobe, I hastily search through it until I find a camouflage kind of green dress. I don't even remember owning this but it will have to do.

I throw the dress on my bed to change into later and move onto my makeup. I quickly touch up my foundation and add some very light eyeliner, there's no way I'm even attempting to do a wing that shit takes concentration and precision, both of which I lack right now. I quickly add some random dark red lipstick I found and comb my fingers through my hair, this mess will have to do.

I check the time to be nine twenty five and I just have to hope that Brad will be late, that boy is never on time. I pick up my dress and attempt to put it on. However, there's a reason I forgot I had this dress, it seems to be a bit too small for me. And by too small I mean that it is clinging onto every inch of my skin and is resting just above the middle of my thigh, way past where I usually wear dresses. This has to be the tightest dress I have ever worn, I need to change. Just as I move back to my wardrobe to pick out a new outfit, my phone begins to ring.