Chapter Twenty-Seven

Soph—

Ireland has been absolutely amazing. I literally can’t thank you enough for forcing me to go. Just three months ago, Niall was nothing but a name.

Today was my last day in Ireland. I fly out tomorrow morning. Niall and I spent the day in the graveyard, having a picnic and just soaking up all of our time together. It was amazing, but surprisingly, the best part came at the end of the day after he walked me home.

Just as tears were flowing to my eyes at the thought of having to say goodbye, he told me not to cry.

He started saying that there’s nothing left for him in Ireland and how he’s always wanted to travel more. SO guess what?

He’s coming to college in Boston.

Yep, you guys FINALLY get to meet, and please for god’s sake do NOT embarrass me too much, please... I know you’re going to love him, though.

He isn’t coming home with me tomorrow, though, he’s staying a week later to just spend some time with his family and stuff. So, I have a whole week to tell you about everything.

OH. YA. I know why Niall goes to the airport every week. I cried when he told me, so consider yourself forewarned.

When Niall was five, his family went to the airport to leave for a family holiday to Spain. Niall’s twin sister wanted to watch the planes take off, but his mom said no. Niall was extremely young, but he was mature enough to know when his sister was going to cry. He told me he never liked seeing her sad. She begged him and begged him to distract their mom for only a moment so she could go and check out the planes.

Niall finally obliged, and preoccupied his mom so his little sister could run off to the opposite side of the airport. He said that she gave his hand a quick squeeze before she left, and whispered “I’ll be back, I promise.”

She never came back.

Niall returns to the airport every week in hopes that she’ll somehow keep her promise. He says he still thinks it’s his fault.

Yep, I bawled when he told me that. Like he’s had so much to go through in life and he still goes around with the brightest smile I’ve ever seen, plastered on his face. He is incredibly strong and I love him with all my heart. I will never do anything to hurt him.

Okay, I’m changing the subject before I get sad again.

Chloe is acting like I don’t exist. It’s actually quite hilarious. She literally won’t even look at me. When we got home, Niall and I walked into my aunt’s house holding hands and Chloe’s eyes got all wide and she looked like she was ready to punch me square in the face.

Niall took one look at her, shook his head, and said, “Don’t you dare say a word. I may not have stood up for myself these past few months, but I sure as hell will stand up for Brooke.”

It was actually the cutest thing ever. He is honestly perfect, and every day I wake up unable to believe that he’s really mine. I keep thinking that this whole experience has just been a dream, or a figment of my imagination, and that one day I’m going to wake up curled in my bed, crying over Tim. Niall keeps insisting that it’s real, but I still have my doubts. Amazing things like this never happen to me. Even if it is just a dream, this summer will still be top on the list of remarkable things that I’ve ever experienced.

Anyways,

I MISS YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN’T BELIEVE I GET TO SEE YOU SOON.

If you’re lazy arse is not awaiting my arrival at the airport tomorrow morning you will be sorry. ;)

Love you like leprechauns love their gold.

Brooke

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey guys, I hate to tell you this BUT... this was the last chapter. Yup. I’m so sorry, but as you know I already have ANOTHER niall fic all planned out so look forward to that AND do not worry I am writing an epilogue for Definitely that will be out soon.

You guys have really been amazing throughout this whole story, love youuuuu <3