Chapter Nine

As I slowly pressed send, I reread the last few lines of the email. I felt an overpowering smile creep its way onto my face as I thought back to when Niall had told me that.

*

Niall and I made our way onto a busy bus, accidentally bumping into a scattered teenage boy on the way. He was carrying a rather large bouquet of red roses.

"First date?" Niall asked, gesturing to the stunning flowers.

The boy had nodded, nerves settling over his facial muscles. "Do you think the roses are too much?"

"Definitely not. If you think your date is worth the flowers, anyways. I think she'll love them so much, I mean roses are beautiful. Don't you think, Brooke?" Niall nudged me with his elbow.

"Yeah, they really are." I called over my shoulder as I took off down the steps of the bus.

"Yeah, definitely go for it, lad. After all, there is no point in living if you never actually live." Niall said this while looking into my eyes.

We walked towards his cousin's apartment, which happened to be the same direction the boy with the roses was heading. Niall happily gave him some more tips and then we parted ways.

*

I chuckled, thinking about how crazy Sophie was probably going right now. She lapped that kind of thing up; romance was her weak point.

Honestly, I couldn't figure out why I was so caught up in the hurricane that was Niall Horan. I'd considered that maybe I was just using it as a way to get over Jake, who I'd never thought I'd separate from. The only problem with that theory, though, was how I was definitely not the type of girl to go around and flirt with boys all the time. I'd only dated Jake because he was just as plain as I was, and I'd known him for basically my whole life. I hadn't even known Niall for a week, and here I was, sitting in an apartment with him, in Dublin, for God's sakes. No matter how many times I would try to deny it, I knew Niall was special. He's already changed me in so many ways that I'd never thought possible. When I arrived in Ireland last Sunday I would've swore I'd never get over Jake. Now, it was only Tuesday and my thoughts of him were dwindling away in the wind.

"And this here is the living room-" Niall waddled into the room with the camera propped up as if he were giving it a tour. "-where I'll be sleeping tonight. It's a tad messy and small, but adventures don't always include 5-star hotels, now do they?"

Niall then turned the camera so it landed on me. I felt my cheeks heat up from shyness and embarrassment from being filmed, although the likelihood of anyone watching these videos other than Niall and I was low.

Niall grinned keeping the focus on me. "That gorgeous girl right there is my travelling companion. Say hey to the camera, Bee."

Bee. I smiled; Niall had nicknamed me that, and I happened to enjoy hearing it come out of his mouth, accent and all.

I timidly waved at the camera as Niall bounded his way closer to me, camera still pressed firmly in his palm. He jumped onto the clumpy couch next to me, and then tilted the camera so it got both of us in the picture.

"In case you were wondering, Bee is what I like to call Brooke." Niall talked to the camera as it were a real person, responding to it as if it asked a question. "Bee is a name that means travel, and that's exactly what we plan to do together.

Niall held up one of my curls to the camera. "You know what?" Niall said. "I think Bee has the darkest hair I've ever seen. You know, it reminds of that girl from The Hunger Games. What's her name again? Oh yeah, Katniss. Yeah, your hair reminds me of Katniss'.