Why do kind hearts always get hurt the most?

I clenched my jaw in an attempt to hold back the tears. I used my long hair to cover my face. I hated the thought of dropping in Harry's eyes because I can't do anything and I let my feelings take control in such serious times. I had to turn my heart to stone. Maybe I should become like Harry. Hide my feelings, lock them away and never let anyone see them. But I can't. I'm not that strong. I've learned to be myself since I can remember, I won't stop now because I'm in the army group.

I won't lose myself for anyone.

Despite the disappointment and hate I felt for myself, I knew that my biggest problem in this hideout is gone. Casey was dead, and despite being a good person, I felt very good about it. She treated everyone in here like shit, so I didn't mind feeling bad the slighest about her.

“Does it hurt?” Harry asked, coming to the side of my bed.

“No.” I shook my head, glancing at the bandage around my arm.  “Can I go?” I asked the maid that moved from one counter to the other.

“Yes, just don't put pressure on your arm.” She assured.

“Tell me something I don't know..” I murmured, loud enough only for me to hear as I stood up.

“I'll send Liam to you if you have any pains or anything.” Harry said as we walked towards the door.

“Okay. Thank you.” I smiled at the maid and she smiled back.

We walked out of the room and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Chris and Zayn carrying Thomas, a long line of blood trailing behind Thomas', who seemed to suffer from a lot of pain. My heart clenched painfully and I walked towards them, Harry following pursuit.

“Thomas,” I murmured as they took him inside the room, leaving the door ajar for Harry and I. We stepped inside and Thomas yelped in pain as they placed him on the bed.

“Fuck!” he hissed, squeezing his eyes tightly, a few tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Easy, Thomas, you're gonna be fine,” Liam assured, swiftly putting on his gloves.

“I'm dying for fuck's sake how am I going to be fine?!” he shrieked, voice laced with pain.

“Hold him,” Liam instructed and Zayn and Chris held Thomas' arms down.

“Liam please,” Thomas begged, “Make it stop,” he said with teary, bloodshot eyes.

The guilt I felt in that moment crashed me.

“I will, trust me, you're going to be fine.” Liam assured again, voice calming. He turned to me and Harry, his eyes widening. “You must leave, now. Claire, go get changed.” He demanded.

“No, I want to stay.” I argued, voice firm.

“Take her,” Liam looked at Harry, serious.

Harry's hands grabbed the back of my arms and dragged me towards him. “No! Stop! I want to stay!” I struggled to free myself from the tight grip, my eyes locked on a frightened Thomas. “Thomas! I'm so sorry!” I managed to burst before Harry took me out of the room and closed the door.

“Let me fucking go!” I snapped, still struggling with his hands.

“Be quiet,” he growled to my ear, sending shivers down my spine. A few maids that walked by looked at us but I ignored them as I tried to calm myself down and let Harry take me to my room.

I felt so guilty for what happened to Thomas, that I felt like I should stay with him during this difficult time.

Once we stepped inside my room, I turned to glare at Harry. “Stop dragging me like that. I'm not a fucking child.” I spat angrily, pushing my hair away from my face.

“It's the only way to make you follow my rules, unfortunately.” he shrugged, his green eyes tired.

I sighed heavily and looked down, my heart tightening with guilt and pain. “I'm so useless.” I murmured and turned away from him, pressing the back of my palm against my mouth to hold back the sobs.

“Babe, why are you crying?” he asked, voice genle.

I walked into the bathroom and leaned against the counter, letting all the tears fall. How could I be such a coward? How could I not even save my best friend? How could I be so stupid and let Casey control me?

“Babe,” he walked in and wrapped his strong arms around my waist. “You are so sensitive.” he murmured.

“I'm not sensitive,” I argued weakly. “I'm tired of failing everyone and myself.” I admitted, sobbing.

“You have failed no one,” He said, pressing his body closer to mine. “You have achieved so much, you just can't let yourself see it, because you are stuck on the negatives.”

I looked at him through the mirror. He looked so worried and concerned, it made my heart warm. “I can't protect the people I care about. Do you know how that makes me feel?” I asked.

“Claire, what is meant to be will happen. Some times, no matter how much you try, you can't change fate.” he turned me around so I was facing him, his face hanging with stress. “Listen Claire, I will always be there for you and protect you. I swear. But I want you, to get up and be strong. I want you to reach the top, because you can and because you deserve it.” his words made me suck in a breath.

“Do I deserve you?” I questioned softly, tracing my fingers down his jawline. He is so supportive and just amazing, I some times wonder if I deserve him.

He chuckled. “I don't deserve you, but hell I'm not giving you to anyone.” he said, pulling me in a tight embrace.

I chuckled, a smile breaking on my face as I hugged him back. My heart seemed to relax and beat with warmth and love for this man.

“Thank you so much, Harry.” I murmured, kissing his shoulder.

“Always, boo.” he muttered, rubbing my back gently.

________________________________

A/N: short chapter but I still got drama and action and blood and all my amazing ideas coming hahah (show-off I know) Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! Love you all xoxo