Imagine 28

Nightmares. You had them almost every night. Your past was just too difficult and it always comes back to haunt you. Tonight was a bad one, you sat on the edge of your bed. Jack was sleeping peacefully, he didn't even notice you moved. You held the picture of your baby sister. She was everything to you. Tonight she would be turning 16 but she won't get to have that birthday because of that man. He killed her..she was only two. Tears slipped from your eyes and blurred your vision.
"Layla" you whispered as you touched the picture. Even though it was so long along ago, it still gets you.
You sniffled and whipped away the tear that was rolling down your cheek.
You felt the bed move and Jack get up. He came over and sat beside you.
"Sweetheart?" He questioned as he wrapped his arm around your waist.
"S-She would be s-sixteen" you mumbled. Jack looked at the picture, he took it from your hands and set it down on the side table. He then pulled you into a hug while your cried.
"Shhh honey calm down, it's okay, don't cry she wouldn't want you too" Jack said with a calming voice.
You pulled away and looked at him.
"Your right Jack..thank you.." You whispered.
Jack smiled and whipped away the tear that was rolling down your cheek.
He kissed your forehead and pulled you into another hug.
"I love you" you said. Jack rubbed your back.
"I love you too" he replied back but then added "so much"
You guys crawled back under the blankets and cuddled. You stayed in Jack's arms. You felt more safe when he was with you and he was always with you.