•Chapter 60•

[Dalton]

"Jaiden," I say turning around to face her.

"Do you have a minute to talk?"

"Yeah. Yeah always. Please sit," I say giving up my chair for her to sit in.

"Thanks," she says quietly going to sit in the chair.

"How are you," I hesitate to ask.

"Honestly? Not great," she says quietly looking at her hands making me notice she is still wearing my ring, "how have you been?"

"Honestly? Really shitty," I mimic back to her causing her to giggle a little.

"You did great on the show," she smiles.

"You're the one that motivated me to do great," I say back without even thinking about it.

She stays silent for a minute looking back at her hands. I look at her sparkling soft green eyes that I've always loved.

"Dalton... I um... I wanted to... ugh," she sighs deeply, "Dalton I miss you," she spits out.

"I miss you too," I whisper.

"I'm sorry Dalton. I didn't want you to leave I just wanted the pain of seeing you with Sonika to leave," she starts to say letting tears run down her face.

"Hey wait," I say picking her up and sitting her on my lap with her head leaning on my shoulder, "you have nothing to apologize for. I'm the one who cheated. I deserve all the pain I was given," I say feeling tears follow down my cheeks like her's.

"No don't say that," Jaiden says putting her hands on each sides of my cheeks, "you didn't cheat. Sonika made you kiss her and you didn't know what to do. No one would. I wasn't mad at you for kissing Sonika I was hurt because I didn't think she would cross such far lines. I loved you the whole time Dalton. I just needed time to get the image of her out of my brain. I love you Dalton. You're a good guy don't you ever tell yourself anything different."

Her saying that made everything completely okay. I grab her cheeks and kiss her. I smile as I feel her kiss back smiling like me. I missed the feeling of her lips on mine. The spark it creates between our two lips. I love this girl so much.

"Jaiden I love you so much and I want you to know I hated seeing you cry be and of me," I smile causing her laugh.

"Well I hated crying over you as much as you hated seeing it," she smiles running her hands through my hair, "so what now?"

"Well my mom won't be back in the room for a another," I tease before she cuts me off.

"No I mean with the show. Are you gonna be stuck here?"

"I have to be on stage tomorrow for the finale but tonight I'm free. I was just gonna hang out with Trent tonight if you want to come with?"

"I actually haven't been in my apartment since... well you know. Maybe you two could stay in my apartment with me?"

"I'd like that," I smile giving her another kiss.

"Jaiden you're back," my mom says happily running over to hug Jai.

"I never really left," she laughs winking at me.

-----

Today is finale day! After Trent and I spent the night at Jai's apartment we were totally charged up for the long day of finale practice ahead of us. Once we got the the studio Trent and I had to spend the whole day in rehearsals but Jai stayed the whole time like she always did. Which always made me feel better. The whole time we were practicing Jai would be cuddled up with La'porsha or Avalon or just making friends with everyone.

"Well this is it," Jai said to Trent, La'Porsha and I as we all waited back stage waiting for the commercial break to be over.

"I can't believe one of you two is gonna be the next and last American Idol," I said looking at Jai's hand intertwined with mine.

"We all know La'Porsha is gonna win," Trent smiles.

"Shut up you," La'porsha laughs.

"We better go its show time," Jai smiles.

We go to our seats that aren't near each other. Jai went to sit with my family where I had to sit with the Top 10. I took my spot next to Avalon in the crowd. We all sat and waited while Ryan walked on the stage with the card in his hands.

"And the winner of American Idol... Trent Harmon!"