•Chapter 12•

[Dalton]

After practicing my audition song in the amazing Armstrong band room Jai and I had to get ready for the dinner her dad invited us to. I changed into a skeleton patterned button up shirt, a leather jacket, black jeans, and converse. I looked in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs waiting for Jai since we were the only ones who didn't already leave.

"I'm sorry I took so long," Jai said hopping off the last stair.

I was taken away by her beauty as soon as she came down the stairs. Actually since I met her. It's not like she was dressed extremely fancy all she is wearing is a grey band shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of black converse. Nothing special but yet she wore it and looked like perfection.

"What," Jai asked giving me a weird look.

"Nothing it's just... You're just.... You're really beautiful."

"You're so sweet," she smirked giving me a kiss on the cheek, "we better go other wise we're gonna be late."

I drove Jai's car to the restaurant while Jai gave me the directions and held my hand the whole way there. We pull into the parking lot and walk to the front door. I hold the door open for her as the hostess of the restaurant comes to greet us.

"Ms. Armstrong I assume?"

"That's me," Jai said holding my hand tighter.

"Right this way to our private party room," he said leading us to a set of double doors in the back.

[Jai]

Dalton opens the door for me allowing me to enter first. I look up and to my surprise is not just my parent's friends but my whole dad's side of the family.

"Jaiden," my dad's mom Ollie said running at my with open arms.

"Hi grandma," I said in shock.

"Such a beautiful girl," my grandma said putting her hands on my cheeks, "and who is this cutie?"

"I'm Dalton ma'am," Dalton said putting his hand ready for her to shake it but instead she hugs him.

"Please call me Ollie," my grandma smiled bring us to the table.

"Well hi everybody," I said sitting next to Dalton.

I can't believe my dad lied to me. He claimed that it would be some family friends not his whole family. I looked around the table to see all my aunts and uncles on his side, my grandmother, and my brothers.

"Dad can I speak to you for a second," I asked standing up.

"Sure," he said walking with me out the doors.

"What the hell," I said crossing my arms.

"I know. They were in the area and wanted to see you and your brothers. You don't have to stay they just wanted to see you."

"I'll talk to Dalton but you can't just spring something like that on me. What if Dalton would I have got uncomfortable we aren't even together dad," I said taking a deep breath and sitting at a random table.

"What do you mean you guys aren't together," my dad said in a comforting voice sitting next to me.

"We aren't dating. I want us to be but we aren't. I don't know if he feels the same way as I do but I really like him dad."

My dad looks at me and pauses.

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard," he said making me laugh, "Jaiden have you not seen the way that boy looks at you. He even sat down and had dinner with us. If that boy doesn't like you he'd be an idiot and I can tell he's not."

"I guess," I laughed.

"Let's go back," dad said opening the door for me.

We walk in and see Dalton is already laughing with my family members and acting as if they had all known each other for years. Dalton turns around to look at me giving me a smile and wink.

"Yeah he doesn't like you at all," my dad whispers to me mocking me.