•Chapter 7•

[Jai]

Me: text me when you land and are with the other boys :)

I sent him the text and continued to put in my makeup. Tonight we were celebrating my parent's wedding anniversary. There actually anniversary was the 2nd but with all of my dad's things going on and Joey's band plus my own recording and writing new music we decided that the 23rd was gonna be the night we all celebrate.

"Jaiden let's go," my dad called from down the stairs.

"Coming," I yelled back.

I walked down the stairs trying my best not to trip down the stairs. I stood at the end of the stairs and just looked at my family. My mom is wearing a beautiful emerald green dress with black heels, while my dad and brothers wore suits.

"Damn we look good," Joey said brushing off imaginary dust from his shoulder.

"Let's go," my mom laughed as we got into the car and drove to the restaurant.

I kept adjusting my dress and my heels. I always had to wear heels. I'm already the shortest in my family and unfortunately heels don't help a whole lot. We pulled up at the restaurant and all we could see as we walked in as a family was camera flashes shining in the dark night.

"Bunch of vultures," Joey mumbled under his breath just barely loud enough for me to hear.

-----

After dinner I felt my phone buzz in my purse. As we walked out Jack grabbed my hand so I could look at my phone. I hoped Dalton's name would pop on the screen. Once the camera flashes disappeared when we got in the car and my vision came back I finally saw Dalton had answered back.

Dalton ✌️: I made it to Minnesota and I'm with the guys. It's like 1:30 here though.

Me: oh I'm sorry :( go to sleep.

Dalton ✌️: NOOO!! Don't leave :(

Dalton ✌️: are we gonna FaceTime tonight?

Me: I hope so. I'm almost home. Let's FaceTime then.

Dalton ✌️: I'm gonna be living in a van for the next month though so it might be a little noisy that or I'll be whispering.

Me: that's okay. I'm home let's FaceTime.

Dalton and I talked on FaceTime for hours and hours. I couldn't wait for Dalton to come to San Diego Warped Tour because I miss him.

"Jai," Dalton yawned, "I'm getting tired."

"Okay I'll let you go but before you go I have a question for you."

"Okay shoot."

"Since you are gonna have a flight out the next day anyways did you want to spend the night at my house when you get to San Diego?"

"Sure!"

"Sounds good. Now go to bed its gotta be like what 5:00 am in Minnesota?"

"6:00," he corrected me smirking.

"Go to bed wild child," I laughed and yawned.

"Goodnight Jaiden," he smiled as he hugged his pillow.

"Good night," I smiled back.

My heart dropped as his face disappeared from my screen. I can't believe it but I think I have a crush on Dalton Rapattoni. I grab my empty glass of water from my bedside table and walk down to the kitchen yawning. I walk in and hear Jake on the phone that or he is talking to himself.

"Hey bud," I whisper rubbing his back as i fill up my water cup.

"Hey," jake yawned, "did you just now get off FaceTime with your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend," I said sitting across from him.

"Jaiden can you promise me something?"

"Always."

"When you guys do start dating make sure he doesn't hurt you," he said putting his head down.

"Why do you say that?"

"I've just never seen you have these kinds of feelings for someone."

I smiled and kissed the top of his head and waked upstairs. I laid in my bed and thought about what he said until I couldn't keep my eyes opened anymore.