•Chapter 59•

[Jai]

Once I get to the park I told Trent to meet me at I go to an empty table away from every where else. I pull my phone out and look through pictures of Dalton. I feel a smile on my face looking through my goofy, sweet, and just random pictures of Dalton or just pictures he took on my phone. God I miss him. It's been three days since him and I had our fight which left me more and more depressed each day.

"Why hello Ms. Jaiden," Trent smiles standing next to me.

"Thanks for coming," I smile giving him a hug before we sit down.

"Anything for you and Dalton," he says trailing off, "how have you been?"

"Not great," I say taking a sip of wine from my glass, "how has Dalton been?"

"Do you want the real answer or the answer he would want you to hear?"

"The real answer always," I say looking at Dalton's ring.

"He's doing awful," Trent says watching the ring and Dalton's jacket I was wearing, "still wearing the ring?"

"I haven't taken it off since he gave it to me," I smile.

"He misses you Jai," he says giving me a comforting smile, "he misses you a lot."

"I miss him too-"

"Then why not just tell him," Trent says cutting me off, "it obvious you two still love each other and all of this is Sonika's fault anyway."

"I just want to not have to deal with her anymore," I say staring at Dalton's ring, "one time, before this whole competition start, Dalton and I were at my house and of course him and I were both exhausted so we went to my room. Once we we were in bed I just laid with my head on his chest and just stroked my hair and sang to me," I smile thinking about it, "the was the moment I knew I loved Dalton and watched to be with him for a long time. I just wish things would go back to the way they used to be."

"Jaiden you can still have that. You don't have to talk to him right now or even three months from now but make me a promise," Trent says in a more serious tone, "promise me you'll be there when we find out who came in third tomorrow night."

"I promise," I smile as we start walking toward our cars.

"Alright then I'll see you tomorrow," Trent says giving me a hug before we both get in our cars and drive home.

I sit in my car and watch as Trent pulls away. I feel my heart drop thinking about Dalton. When he is upset he always slips into this little pit of depression and every time it makes me just want to hold him and tell him it's going to be alright.

[Dalton]

Tonight's the tonight. In just 15 minutes we find out who is going to be in the top 2 battling for the title of the last American Idol. I looked in a mirror in Trent and I's dressing room at the outfit the producers picked for me.

Trent and I walk to our places on stage and I feel something I haven't felt on this show for a while, nervous. Jaiden was always there to take the nerves away but this time I was at it alone.

After watching all the Idols preform we were finally at the point of the show were we find out the results. I stand back stage with Trent and La'porsha.

"Alright boys I want you both to know whatever happens out there we are all in this together," La'porsha says giving Trent and I a hug.

Us three walk out to the stage and I feel butterflies eating away at the lining of my stomach. I watch the lights go dark and hear the faint sound of Ryan calling La'porsha's name meaning she got in. I felt my palms get sweaty as my best friend and I stood on stage and awaited our fate.

"The one who will be advancing forward is... Trent Harmon," Ryan says sending me a mixed feeling of excitement and sadness.

I show the excited part but watch Trent's face as he looks as if he is sorry. Once the show ends I go straight to the dressing room and sit in a chair to take my makeup off.

"Honey I'm so sorry you didn't make it," my mom says coming in rubbing my back.

"It's okay mom. This means Trent has a chance to win," I say giving her a fake smile.

"Do you need anything baby," my mom says rubbing her hands through my hair.

"Water would be great," I say sucking up my emotions.

"I'll be right back baby boy," my mom says getting up leaving me in the silence of my thoughts.

I put my elbows on the table and using them as a holding place to rest my head. I feel a tear go down my face as I look at he empty chair next to me. Yeah it sucks that I won't win American Idol but for me it's worse that Jaiden isn't here help me through it. Just then i hear the sound of foot steps coming back into the room. Must be my mom.

"Hey," I heard the voice I had been dying to hear say. I look up and see the beautiful girl I've been in love with for a year.