•Chapter 48•

[Jai]

Once Dalton and I got home we both went straight up stairs and changed into our pajamas. I grabbed a pair of night shorts and a sweater. I walk down stairs and sit on the couch and waited for Dalton.

Dalton came down the stairs wearing sweatpants and a black tank top. He sat down right next to me and kissed me. I felt him smile through the kiss causing me to do the same.

"Guess who got popcorn," Mackenzie says coming in through the door with Trent.

"I think you might have forgotten to lock the door," Dalton tease as I lay my Dalton's chest.

"What do you guys wanna watch," I laugh scrolling through the movies as Trent and Mackenzie sit in the other chairs.

"Let's watch Step Brother's," Mackenzie says jumping up and down in his seat.

"I'm cool with that," Trent says bringing the now popped bags of popcorn.

"Me too," Dalton says putting his arm around me again.

"Step Brother's it is," I say putting the movie on laying on Dalton's chest.

-----

"Jai. Jai," I hear someone say moving my arm, "Jai movie's over."

"What," I yawn in a tired tone.

"You fell asleep," Trent yawns as I sit up.

I look and see Dalton and Mackenzie both had fallen asleep too. I rub my eyes and check the time on my phone 1:00 am.

"Mack get up buddy we better get going," Trent says pointing Mackenzie.

"Don't be ridiculous. I have more than enough room here. There are two extra bedrooms up stairs snd you're both basically in pajamas."

"Thanks Jai," Trent smiles trying to get Mackenzie to wake up.

After Trent and Mackenzie go up to bed I look over at Dalton who continues to sleep. I smile at the adorable way he sleeps. I kiss his cheek and grab a blanket to put over him knowing that I'm way too weak to get him up stairs. I walk toward the stairs when I hear him move around on the couch.

"Jai," he yawns, "take me to bed."

I laugh and go over to him. He throws his arms up like a little boy being picked up from his father. He wraps his arms around me and just hangs his body over me. I drag him up the stairs and smile as he plops into bed and immediately falls asleep.

I crawl into bed next to him, go on my phone and respond to fans on Twitter. I get off Twitter and go to Instagram. I stop when I see a picture of some Sophie on the School of Rock page. I smile thinking about that day.

Sophie was my favorite. She was so sweet to me and I felt like I could really relate to her. I click on the School of Rock Instagram page that is full of Dalton things mainly about American Idol. I got down far enough to see a picture from the very first day Dalton and I met. I smile looking at the pictures of us sitting on the stage while the kids were at lunch.

"Dalton what are we doing," I say as Dalton drags me into the stage room.

"I wanna show you something," he smiles in an evil way. That's when it hit me. This boy is gonna kill me, "oh and close your eyes."

"Ugh alright," I say trying to hide my smile putting my hands over my eyes.

"Alright open," Dalton says.

I open my eyes and Dalton has a black guitar and the stage set. I smile as he sits down on a bench and pats the seat next to him indicating that he wants me to sit with him. I sit down right next to him trying my hardest to not blush. I feel my cheeks warm up as Dalton starts playing some chords and showing me his song he plays on doing for American Idol in August.

"You're really talented. You're gonna do great on American Idol," I smile once he finishes.

"Say cheese," Sophie smiles taking a picture of Dalton and I.

"Sophie get out of here," Dalton laughs as I cover my face with my sleeves once again.

I look over at Dalton who is still sleeping. I look back at the picture of Dalton and I one last time before turning my phone off. I roll over and kiss Dalton on cheek playing with his faded dyed hair. It's crazy to think I've only been friends with Dalton for a year yet he knows me and loves me more than anyone I've ever met. Dalton went from the cute boy who worked at the School of Rock to the boy who I feel is my other half.

"I love you Dalton," I whisper keeping my fingers in his hair.