•Chapter 39•

[Jai]

"No grandma I'm not pregnant," I say pacing the floor while on the phone with my grandma, "what do you mean why not?!"

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"I gotta go Grandma and don't you dare tell my parents that you think I'm pregnant because I am not," I say hanging up the phone and walk to the door.

"Sonika?"

"Hey buddy," she says walking straight in with a bag in her hand.

"Not to be rude but what are you doing here?"

"The real question is why aren't you in bed. Come on," she says tucking me into bed while sitting on the side, "I brought you some stuff."

She unpacks that has 10 packs of peachos (my favorite candy), a can of Arizona Green Tea (my favorite when I'm sick), two packs of ramen, and a pair of fuzzy socks (something my mom always gave me when I was sick). These are all things only Dalton and my family members knew.

"Did Dalton send you to take care of me," I ask putting the socks on and opening the pack of peachos.

"Actually I offered," she said not looking at me.

"Why? I thought you hated me?"

"That's why I wanted to come take care of you. I think we should talk," she says in a more caring voice.

I double tap the spot next to me indicating she should sit with me so we can talk. She crawls over and sits next to me and refuses to actually look at me.

"I'm sorry," she says finally looking at me, "I don't hate you and they way I've treated you isn't usually me. Since Hollywood week I've been interested in Dalton and I guess I just got jealous of what you two have. I'm really sorry that's just not me at all."

"Hey," I say stopping her from her panicked tone, "don't worry about it. Water under the bridge," I smile.

I'm actually extremely surprised by how sweet she's being. I can totally see where she is coming from. I know tons of girls that would act the same way.

For the next couple hours Sonika and I watched some rerun episodes of Friends and got to know each other better. She was actually way nicer than I expected. I guess first impressions can be deceiving. Later that night Sonika left so she could go and get ready for the show.

I quickly hopped in the shower before show time and washed my face. Lucky for me I got out a couple minutes before the show could start. I threw my hair up into a bun, put on a pair of black leggings, a loose black V neck, and Dalton's grey sweater.

I hoped into bed with a pack of peachos and I waited for Dalton to come on American Idol. I loved watching everyone else but seeing Dalton preform made me extremely happy. I watched as he preformed but he had this look on his face that I knew was his "oh shit get me out of here face". I felt a lump of anxiety drop in my stomach as the judges said negative things for once.

I pulled out my phone and sent him a text for him to read once he got off screen.

Me: You did great don't freak yourself out. You are so talented and you know that. I love you and I'll see you when you get home :)

I put my phone down next to me and rubbed my face with my hands. I watched the rest of the episode with high anxiety. Every week I got more and more nervous that he was going to get voted off. Even though I have full confidence in his talent the fact that he could be sent home every week made me so scared. I don't want Dalton to go home. I love having him here and I love waking up to him. I can't go back to only seeing him on FaceTime.