•Chapter 55•

[Dalton]

While I waited for Trent to get to the apartment I sat on the couch and watched tv cuddling up with a blanket that smelled like Jaiden. I look through my Twitter when suddenly my text tone goes off.

Trent: You're gonna hate me.

Me: why?

Trent: Mackenzie couldn't make it. You'll see what I mean just open the door.

I get up and open the door. Standing in shock as I notice who is standing in front of me.

"Hey slugger," Sonika says giving me a hug.

"Sonika what are you doing here," I say awkwardly.

"Mackenzie wasn't feeling too good and us three had so much fun at the arcade I figured we would have twice as much fun tonight," she say happily sitting on the couch wrapping her self in the blanket I was just laying in.

"Sonika you do know this is Jaiden's home right," Trent says nicely.

"Oh I know," she says going on her phone, "you guys wanna watch a movie or what?"

"Yeah we just need to pop the popcorn quick," I say grabbing Trent and pulling him to the kitchen.

"Dude what am I gonna do Jai hates Sonika," I whisper.

"We could try and get her to leave."

"You and I both know she's not gonna leave voluntarily."

"Well Jai didn't seem mad when we hung with her the first time maybe she won't care," he said in a hopeful tone.

"I uh... actually didn't tell her," I say quietly.

"You didn't tell her," Trent says a little louder.

"I didn't want her to get mad at me," I say popping popcorn so Sonika won't hear us.

"So you're just gonna lie to her," Trent says with a sad sound to his voice, "that's not like you Dalton."

"I know I'm just so scared of loosing her," I say feeling a taste of regret in my mouth.

I knew I should have told her but the way Sonika makes Jaiden feels kills me. I didn't want her to be upset.

"Either way the damage is done. Let's just pray to God Jaiden goes easy on you," Trent says taking the popcorn out.

"Hey you two let's get watching," Sonika says taking a selfie in the kitchen.

"What do you wanna watch," I sigh.

"The Other Woman," Sonika says putting her hand on my forearm the second Trent trust around.

"How about Grease Live," I say running to the couch taking the remote from Trent, "Grease is Jaiden's favorite."

"Yeah we can watch that I guess," Sonika huffs sitting next to me.

Thirty minutes into the movie and I notice Trent get sleepy. I pull out my phone and check to see what my parents are doing. While looking through the pictures my mom posted on Facebook of her and my dad at a movie I feel something on my thigh. I look down and see Sonika's hand. I move it away but Sonika just stands up and walks to the window that faces the front of the building.

"Hey Trent I think their towing your car," Sonika says waking Trent up.

"Are you serious," Trent gets up running to the door.

"Is he gonna make it," I say panicked.

"His car isn't getting towed," Sonika say locking the door.

"What are you doing?"

"Can't we just talk?"

"I don't think that's a good idea," I say scooting back on the couch as she gets closer to me.

"Dalton stop avoiding me," she says stopping a foot from my face.

"I can't," I say scooting back even more.

"Why," she says moving a little bit closer.

"Because I'm with Jaiden and I love her more than anything," I say pushing her back.

"Dalton you know you and I should be together," she huffs staying in her spot.

"Why are you so obsessed with me," I ask standing up.

"Im not obsessed with you. Im just a girl who is in love with you. I always have been and seeing you with Jai is just really hard," she says standing up sighing.

"I get that feeling but I love her. You just have to accept that."

"I know," she says taking a deep breath with a tear rolling down her face, "I just really wanted you to like me."

"I'm sorry Sonika. I do think you're nice girl but I just don't feel the same way."

"Fair enough. I think it's time for me to leave," she says wiping her eyes making it look like she had never shed a tear, "can I get hug before I go."

"I guess," I huff.

She walks toward me wrapping her arms around my stomach. I make sure I keep my arms at her shoulders so she doesn't get the wrong idea. We both take a step back but she keeps her arms around me. She looks up at me and kisses me.

I pull away in shock. I look down at her and watch as she smiles letting go of me. The shock resting on my face not knowing what to do. I look over at the front door and feel my heart drop. Jaiden was standing in the doorway with tears streaming down her face.