•Chapter 18•

[Dalton]

-Group Rounds-

Ground rounds are supposed to be the most intense out of all the rounds and I can already tell it's true. For the people who made it through lines of ten our job is to grab a group of three to four and preform something that will prove to the judges we belong here. They gave us a little time before we had to come back to the stage.

"Hey you," Jai yawned.

"Hey," I said giving her a kiss on the cheek, "you tired?"

"Just a little. I mean can you blame me we've been here for 6 hours," she said rubbing her eye.

"I know," I yawned, "I'm actually gonna have to be here for a while longer."

"Did you want me to stay?"

"Only if you want to."

"I'm here to support you so it's completely up to you," she yawned.

I smiled and kissed her again. She looked so adorable in my jacket that was too big for her. I didn't want her to have to suffer here with me but yet I love knowing she is here.

"We shouldn't be too long. They told us to get some sleep tonight and some people talked about going home so hopefully we shouldn't be more than a couple more hours."

"I'll be here as long as you need me to be. Is there anywhere I could take a nap for a little while?"

"Umm," I looked around as the call room catches my eye again, "yeah come with me."

I bring her to where my guitar case is. I pulled over three chairs and made a little bed for her. She put her hair up in a messy bun and laid on the chairs.

"I'll be back with an update later, okay?"

"Okay," she yawned. I kiss her head and make my way to the stage.

As I stood on the stage with the other people I felt my stomach feel like it was gonna eat itself because of my nerves. The judges right away tell us to get in our groups and I grab the two closet people to me. Their names are Poh and Kassey.

"Okay let's go pick the song before they run out," Kassey says in a rush.

While we look at the songs Kassey and I sign up for song. The three of us go to a corner and start practicing.

[Jai]

Sleeping on chairs could just be the most uncomfortable thing I'll ever do. I sit up slowly and rub my head as I hear people singing very loud. I wrap Dalton's jacket around my chest as I look around at the room of different groups of singers.

"Poh! Poh?"

I walk toward the bathroom down the hallway. I go in and see that whatever makeup I wore to the building was not on my face at this point. I walk out of the bathroom with my eyes half open as I see Dalton and a girl freaking out and running down the hall.

"Dalton?"

"Jai. I'm so sorry."

"How long have I been sleeping?"

"It's been a couple hours. Kassey and I are gonna have to be here for a while we are missing our third member and if we can't find someone we are gonna get voted out," Dalton said freaking out.

"Oh my god," I said waking up more, "you go find someone. I think I'm just gonna go back to the hotel."

"Okay. Sleep tight," he said kissing my cheek then running down the hall with Kassey, "I'm sorry," he yells back.

I yawn and walk to the car. I drive back to the hotel. I grab the key out of my purse and walk in but the room felt empty without Dalton. I changed into my pj's and prayed Dalton would make it.