•Chapter 32•

[Dalton]

After spending hours rehearing I decided I needed a break. I go over to the blue room where I walk in and see Jennifer Lopez and Jai laughing on the couches.

"Hey you two," I say trying not to be awkward.

"Hey sweetie," J-Lo says in her normal sweet tone, "I was just catching with your lovely girlfriend."

"You two know each other?"

"My mom and this angel used to hang out. She basically was there when my brothers and I grew up," Jai smiled.

"Well that's pretty awesome. Whatcha talking about?"

"I was just telling her how I'm such a big fan of her music. I was actually just about to ask if you and your family would play in the show this week."

"Oh my gosh my dad would love that."

"No not your dad. I mean Joey, Jake, and you. Your dad has had a lot of time in the light," she teases, " besides I know how much he loves watching you kids preform together."

"Jai you guys should totally do that," I smile at her.

"Okay I'll call them right now," Jai smiles taking her phone and running to the back.

"I'll leave you two alone. You're gonna do great this week," J-Lo says patting my arm.

I smile and sit on the couch waiting for Jai. I lay there going through my Instagram when I see I'm tagged in a picture. I look and see the picture of Jai and I at Disney land. I read the caption and automatically feel a huge smile grow on my face.

JaiA: For all of you snoops that want to know ;) this is Dalton Louis Rapattoni. He is in the Top 24 of American Idol, he is a middle child, he is in a band called Fly Away Hero, he is a huge nerd, he is scared of heights and needles, when he stretches his foot twitches, he has an obsession with grammar, he knows exactly where to itch my back to get me to fall asleep, he always dances with me when I'm in the car, he makes me smile when no one else can, he warms my heart. He is my boyfriend who I love more than anything.

As I finished reading her Instagram message Jai came in the room with a big smile on her face.

"My family is gonna fly here tomorrow," Jai says plopping into the seat next to me.

Without thought I lean over and kiss her. I keep my hand on her cheek and smile as we pull away keeping our foreheads together.

"Woah what did I do to deserve that," Jai smiles.

"I love you so much."

"so I've heard," she teases.

"Shut up I'm serious and I've gotta say something," I laugh.

"Okay I'm listening," Jai says sitting up.

"I saw what you posted," I smile looking down at my hands.

"Oh. Did you like it?"

"That was one big run on," I tease, "but I loved it."

"Well good. That was the goal," she smiles holding my hands with the ring I gave to her shining at me, "so Dalton."

"So Jaiden."

"What do you want to do for your birthday?"

"I have time to think about it, don't I?"

"Dalton your birthday is in a week and you have your first live show the day after your birthday," she says getting off the couch.

"I'm happy as long as I spend it with you," I smile following her off the couch.

"Shut up what do you actually want to do," she laughs holding my hands.

"I don't know. Seeing my family would be nice and I wouldn't mind hanging out with my American Idol friends."

"We can make that work," Jai smiles as we walk around the studio, "so then what do you want for a present?"

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me," Jai jokes standing in front of me.

"For my birthday I want... You to move out of my way," I joke picking her up and throwing her on my shoulder.