•Chapter 53•

[Dalton]

After the parade and concert Jaiden and I hop back into the limo. Jaiden lays across the seats putting her head on my lap. I smile looking down at her and start running my hands through her long hair.

"You tired," I giggle as she yawns.

"It's been a long day," she laughs yawning again.

We drive for a while until we finally arrive at my house around 7:30 pm. I look out at my glowing house. Jaiden and I get up and walk to the door holding hands. I open the front door and I'm greeted by all of my family.

"Hi guys," I say walking over to hug everyone while mom puts her arm around Jai.

"Who wants dinner," Kiva says leading everyone to the dinner she has laid out.

"Jaiden you have to try this its my mom's special," I say excitedly running over to Jai with a plate of my mom's famous ketchup and jelly meatballs.

"What is it," Jai laughs taking a sip of coffee.

"Ketchup and jelly meatballs," I laugh as she opens her mouth and I feed one to her.

"Oh my god," she says chewing it, "that's amazing. I first started dating you because I liked you but now I think I'm in it for these meatballs," she teases.

"Yeah yeah whatever," I laugh putting my arm around her.

For the rest of the night Jai and I mingle and chat with my family while eating our body weighting food. Once everyone leaves Jai and I just lay on the couch with Sophie on the other couch.

"Alright you two," Jai yawns getting up, "I'm exhausted. I'll see you two in the morning. Love you both."

"Love you too," Sophie and I say at the same time as she walks down the hall to my room.

"She's awesome," Sophie smiles looking at her phone. She flips it around to show me a picture of her, Becca, and Jai on their shopping trip.

"I'm glad you like her," I yawn.

"Everyone does. You are never here to hear all mom and dad have to say about her."

"Like what?"

"They always want to know how she's doing, they always want to be in pictures that I snapchat to her, and stuff like that."

"You guys snapchat?"

"Snapchat, call, text. She does the same to both me and Becca. Her and mom text fairly often. I don't think you get how much mom and dad want to make her feel like part of the family."

I smiled thinking about it. I liked the idea of my family accepting her as if she was already family. I stretched in my spot while I try and contain my smile.

"I better get to bed," I say getting up, "Jai and I have a flight in the morning." I kiss her forehead, "love ya kid."

"Love you too."

I walk to my bedroom in the back. I open the door quietly trying not to wake Jaiden up. I slide into bed and cuddle up to Jai.

My brain runs over what Sophie said about my family treating her like family. Jaiden is family to me and if my family loves her as much as me then it makes for a happy Dalty.

[Jai]

The next morning Dalton and I say our goodbye and get in the car with Kiva and Fran. Since next week was the finale they wanted to be there to watch. We get to the airport and wait for our plane to board. While waiting Dalton and I get Ice Chai from a Starbucks in the airport, take some pictures together, and even sleep a little.

Once we get on the flight Dalton and I get to our seats while Kiva and Fran sit in front of us. Once we sit in our seats my phone goes off. I look at my home screen and see I got tagged in a picture. I feel a spark of anxiety jump through me as I see who tagged me.

I don't remember being in a picture with Sonika... Before I can open the screen to see the picture the flight attendants tell us it's time to put our phones away. This flight was about to be very stressful.