•Chapter 43•

[Dalton]

As I lay in my silent bed I grab my phone just praying that I'll see Jai's name on my phone. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough. I look at the clock on the night side table. 3:00 am.

I stretch and walk to my door. I open the door and walk to the vending machine. I get around the corner and see none other than Sonika standing at the vending machine.

"Hey slug-"

"Don't," I say cutting her off.

"Woah. What's your deal?"

"You're my deal. You made Jaiden and I break up."

"What are you talking about? You and Jaiden broke up?"

"Was that always your plan to kiss my cheek and get Kent to take a picture," I say holding back so many tears.

"Dalton, I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you okay?"

"No," I said finally breaking down. I sit down on the ground as tears fall down my cheeks.

"Dalton," she says rubbing my back, "did you want to talk about it?"

"I guess," I say standing up trying to put myself together.

"So tell me," Sonika said closing my hotel room door as we go in, "what's wrong?"

"The day you kissed me on the cheek was not okay," I say wiping my face putting myself together, "I should have pulled away but I just didn't know what to do at the time. She saw the picture and the article he read and she thought I cheated on her with you. I love Jai and only Jai."

"Dalton it's not that big of a deal," she says sitting on my bed.

"It is a big deal. It's an even bigger deal that Kent Bailey took a picture and said we were dating," I said sitting on the floor.

"I'm sorry Dalton. I wish I could take it back but I can't. Is she mad?"

"I assume so. If I were her I would be."

-----

After Sonika and I's talk she went back to her room. I look at my phone once again hoping to see anything about Jai on my phone. Call, text, email, Twitter, Instagram, snapchat, heck even a MySpace message. I just want to hear from her. I look at the clock by my bedside table again 5:30 am.

In hopes that I'll fall asleep I grab my stuff and go for a little walk just to the lobby and back. The whole time I walk I keep worrying about where Jai is and if she's okay. I honestly don't care if she's mad at me anymore now I just want to know if she's okay. I want to know she's somewhere safe.

Once I get back to my room I jump into my bed in attempt to get some sleep. I find myself just staring at my ceiling. For some reason sleeping without Jai seems impossible. I look over at my clock 6:00 am.

I roll out of bed and walk over to Trent and Mackenzie's door. I yawn as I wait for someone to open the door. Trent opens it just enough for his head to stick out.

"Oh hey Dalty," Trent says in tired voice.

"Hey Trent."

"How did you sleep?"

"I didn't. Ive been too upset about Jai," I yawn.

"I'm sure it's all gonna okay man," Trent says leaning against the door frame.

Something that catches my eye in Trent's room is a bunch of packs of Peachos on the coffee table. That's Jaiden's favorite candy.... And neither Trent or Mackenzie like Peachos. Trent notices my stare at the Peachos and positions himself so I can't see them anymore.

"Trent," I say looking at where the Peachos were before he moved, "since when do you like Peachos?"

"Oh uh," he says in a hesitant and nervous voice, "just recently."

I look at Trent with a look as if he's already been caught. He opens the door a little more and I walk through the door. I walk in and see the Peacho bags are empty and there is a half full can of Fruit Punch Arizona. Jaiden's favorite drink.

I turn on my heels to face Trent, "Trent.... Was Jai here?"

"Whaaaaat," he says in a nervous voice as I see a drop of sweat on his forehead, "noooo. She's not here."

"Trent."

Trent takes a deep breath and puts his head down, "she stayed here last night."