•Chapter 45•

[Dalton]

The next day came all too fast. Mackenzie and I's performance last night wasn't the best but next week is a new week hopefully. Right now Jai and I are on our way to Jaiden's new apartment. Last night Joey brought up all her stuff and her mom was gonna be here today to help us paint her apartment and set her things up.

"Are you excited," I ask as we pull up outside of the building.

"Surprisingly I really am. I'm just glad it's not that far from the studio," she says grabbing her suitcase and bringing it on the sidewalk.

I grab her hand as we go to the elevator and go up to the 12th floor. We stop at a dark brown door with sliver numbers that read 127. She pulls out a key and we enter the empty apartment.

The apartment is beautiful. It's got big windows, tall brick wall, a gorgeous kitchen, a set of grey stairs with wood planks. She sets her stuff down while I walk to the big window and look out at the beautiful view of the LA.

"If you want you can go look upstairs," Jai says opening the front door, "I'm gonna go get my mom from the parking lot."

"Alright," I say heading toward the stairs.

I walk up the stairs and see three bedrooms and a bathroom. I look through all the bedroom that only have a bed in each of them. I hear the front door open and run down the stairs.

"Ali," I say excited to see her.

"Hi Dalton," she says giving him a hug, "Billie and I have been watching the show. You're doing great!"

"Thank you Ali."

"I got the keys," Jai says coming in with five keys, "here mom give these to dad, Joey, and Jake."

"Then what's the fifth one for," I ask picking up her suitcase full of all her clothes.

"You duh," she smirks.

"Me?"

"Dalton we've been dating for almost 10 months plus we've basically been living with each other for a couple months now. I trust you," she smiles handing me my key.

-----

[Jai]

After spending the whole day moving into my apartment I was finally moved in by 10:30. After I put the shirt in my dresser I look at my now finished room. I go down the stairs and see my mom drinking a glass of red wine while sitting on my brown leather couch while reading a magazine.

"Hey mom where's Dalton?"

"He's sleeping on the piano," she laughs.

"Of course he is," I laugh laying on the couch putting my head on my mom's lap.

"You picked a good one darling," my mom says playing with my hair.

"I like to think so," I smile.

My mom smiles and kisses my forehead. I grab my tv remote and turn on the tv. I click through the channels but stop when I see Greese is on. I smile as I curl up with a blanket and cuddle my mom's leg while we watch the movie.

-----

The next morning I got up from my spot on the couch but my mom wasn't there. I walk over to the kitchen as see a note on the coffee maker.

Jai,
I had to go to a meeting in San Diego so I left at about 6:00. I didn't want o wake you and Dalton up so I left. Love you both and see you soon.
P.s. I made some coffee for you and Dalton.
- mom ❤️

I smile at her note and pour Dalton and myself some coffee. I take a sip on mine while I walk to my music room. I open my French doors that lead to the music room. I go in and smile at Dalton sleeping on the grand piano. I sit on the top of the piano and put Dalton's coffee next to me.

"Jai," Dalton yawns rubbing his eyes, "I gotta tell you something."

"Yeah," I giggle playing with his hair.

"If I get sent home this week I want you to know that no matter how far away we are from each other you're always going to be my home."