•Chapter 3•

[Jai]

Oh my god Dalton is so freaking cute! He gave me a full tour of the one floored building turning and smiling at me every 5 seconds. I thought it was adorable. Every time we passed a hallway with a Green Day poster on it my stomach would feel like a deep pit.

"And this is the last practice room in which we... practice in," Dalton laughed.

"Ah I see. I've heard practice rooms are often used for practicing," I teased.

"I heard a bit of sass in that," Dalton smirked at me.

"Then it means you have ears," I smiled.

I could feel my cheeks heating up as he picking up some boxes of snacks and music equipment while I picked up his clipboard and a three ring binder of sheet music.

"So what brings you here," Dalton said picking up the heavy boxes.

"Adam emailed me and asked me if I wanted to come talk to the kids about recording music, playing shows, going on tour. Stuff like that."

"So I take it you're a musician?"

"Yeah it runs in the family," I said hoping it wouldn't go more into depth, "I've heard that you are a musician too?"

"Yeah! I actually plan on trying out of American Idol in a couple months."

"That's so awesome!"

"Thanks," Dalton laughed in his adorable ways.

"Hey guys kids are coming in," Dave said as a group of kids all sat in the main performance room.

"Shall we," Dalton said setting the down the boxes and putting his arm out for me to grab and walk with him.

-----

The whole rest of the day Dalton and I were always hanging out with each other. I told him about me and he told me more about him. The one thing I kept avoiding is my dad and Green Day.

It's not that I'm embarrassed of my dad I just never know if guys are actually going to like me for me or just because my dad is the lead singer of Green Day.

"Jai," Adam said snapping me out of my day dream as I stood in the corner before the kids came in after their practice, "you ready?"

"Yeah. I'm all good," I smiled as these young kids came in with smiles on their faces laughing and giggling.

Dalton stood way in the back smiling at me while Adam waited up front with me for all the kids to come in so he could introduce me. I felt butterflies soar through my stomach as I realized the whole reason I'm here is to talk about my dad. Which means Dalton is gonna find out.

"Alright everyone lets give our best School Of Rock welcome to Jai!"

"Hi guys!"

"Hi Jai," they all said back.

"I'm Jaiden Kid Armstrong and I'm Billie Joe Armstrong's daughter," I said looking toward the back to see Dalton's has completely dropped. I automatically felt like throwing up right there and then.

[Dalton]

"I'm Jaiden Kid Armstrong and I'm Billie Joe Armstrong's daughter."

I felt my jaw hit the floor as the words escaped her mouth. I felt excited yet super confused on why she didn't tell me this? That's huge! I love Green Day! I tried to keep my excitement to a minimum so the kids could see I'm professional. I could stop staring at her beautiful eyes as she connected with the kids.

Jai is beautiful, funny, and really sweet so as you can imagine it's hard not to star at her. I noticed that while she was talking to the kids she would look up at me with a strange smile that I've been seeing all day. Something was right and I could tell.