•Chapter 26•

[Dalton]

As the sound of my alarm clock wakes me up I groan slamming it off and reach for my phone. No texts from Jai. Last night was the first night we hadn't facetimed or even gone a couple hours without speaking. As I scroll through Twitter I see a tweet that Jai posted last night at the time we usually FaceTime.

JArm: I'll explain everything soon. I love you.

I knew it was for me. At least I hoped. I got out of bed and went to rehearsals. I completely forgot I hadn't told her how the showcase went.

Me: Hey. I made it to live shows.

Jai ❤️: I knew you would! Do you still want me to come out there for the live shows?

Me: If you still want to.

It seemed harsh but at this point in time I still have no idea what's going on. If Jai says it's nothing I trust her but I just don't understand why she wouldn't just tell me.

Jai ❤️: Of course I do! I'll drive up tomorrow okay?

Me: okay. Text me when you get here.

I turned off my phone as I walked to the stage to practice my first set for the live shows. I can't believe how high my nerves are. They are even worse not knowing if Jai is okay.

[Jai]

Within a 4 and a half hours I was already in Hollywood. I pulled into Dalton's hotel parking lot and just sit in my car letting it run. I let my mind race as to how I am going to mention to Dalton everything going on without making him stressed.

"Jai you're here," I hear Mackenzie say excitedly as I get out of my car.

"Yeah," I say taking a deep breath.

"You okay," Mackenzie says walking closer to me.

"Yeah it's just... I really just need to talk to Dalton," I say rubbing my eyes.

"Is everything okay," Mackenzie says taking another step closer.

"Yeah I just have to talk to him," I say walking toward the elevator.

"Is it about the interview," Mackenzie calls staying in his exact spot.

"How did you," I ask slowly as I turn to face him.

"It's all over. Everyone wants to know who your secret boyfriend is," Mackenzie says walking so close we are a foot away from each other.

"Well I think you and I both know him and I together is no secret."

"So why not say it?"

"It's complicated," I said looking down at my hands.

"I like complicated things," Mackenzie says getting closer.

"It's just," I say taking a step back, "Dalton is extremely stressed and he gets extremely emotional. I just don't want stupid people to stress him out more."

"That makes sense," Mackenzie says backing off a little more, "well if you need me or Dalton needs me just text me."

"Thanks Mackenzie," I say as he gives me a hug.

I quickly turn around and jog to the elevator in excitement of seeing Dalton. All I can think of on the way up the elevator is what am I gonna say. As I feel myself start to get stressed I close my eyes and take a deep breath thinking back to when Dalton and I cuddled and watched Grease.

I remember being so happy. Happiness is a strange thing. Happiness can come out of no where and yet can go away so fast. Happiness can just be as simple as your grandma's homemade cookies to a vacation to somewhere you've always wanted to go. The thing is Dalton is my happiness.

Dalton makes me extremely happy which is something that comes and goes when you live a life as crazy as mine. Dalton makes me happy with his good morning texts, his smile, his nerdy jokes, the way he talks, the way he walks, the way his hugs make me feel like I'm being wrapped in a blanket of love.

As I knock on his hotel door I see it's already open. I walk in and see an empty hotel room.

"Dalton," I call walking to the open bathroom door.

I walk in and see Dalton sitting on the bathroom floor going through his phone. I sit down next to him as he hands me his phone. I look at a picture of Mackenzie and I hugging in the parking lot that happened literally 5 minutes ago with a caption saying Mackenzie is my secret boyfriend.