•Chapter 44•

[Dalton]

"Did you two...," I say knowing Jai would never cheat.

"No! God no! You know me Dalton I would never," Trent said reassuring me.

"Okay good. Why did she stay here?"

"Mackenzie and I wanted to make sure she was safe so we called her. She said she was okay but she didn't have a place to stay. We had to convince her to stay her. We figured you two would be able to figure out your argument in the morning."

"Is she here?"

"Why don't turn around find out," I heard the sweet tone voice I had been dying to hear.

"Jaiden," I say turning around in amazement seeing her.

"Trent, Dalton and I are gonna go in his room and talk," Jai says not breaking eye contact with me.

We walk across the hall to our- my room. I walk in and sit on the bed she sits at the table in the corner. We sit in silence for a couple minutes just staring at anything but each other.

[Jai]

"Jaiden I'm so sorry," Dalton says breaking the silence, "I get if you never want to see me again."

"Woah hold up what?"

"Because of the Sonika thing," Dalton says as tears stream down his face.

"Dalty," I say sitting next to him whipping his cheeks, "we fought but it doesn't mean we are over. All couples fight it doesn't mean we are done."

"Jaiden you completely ignored me yesterday. I just figured that it meant that we were over."

"I know I'm sorry. I just needed my time to think and I needed space," I say holding his cheeks, "Dalton I love you."

"I love you so much," Dalton says putting his forehead on mine, "I never ever wanted to hurt you and I promise I never will again."

"I'm sorry over reacted about this whole thing. It's just seeing Sonika kiss your cheek made me sick. I guess I'm just bad at sharing especially with her," I laugh as he smiles at my comment.

"You didn't over react. It looked bad and I know the past between you two. I'm so sorry."

I smile and kiss him as we fall back on the bed together making me straddling him. We look at each other and laugh as Dalton traces random lines on the palms of my hands. I put my head on his chest and just listen to the sound of his heart and his breath.

-----

The next morning I woke up to the sound of the hotel door handle being messed with. I tap the spot next me trying to find where Dalton is without opening my eyes.

"Dalton get the door," I groan covering my face while the handle still jiggles.

I open my eyes and see Dalton isn't next to me. I go to the door and open it and see Dalton with a tray with eggs over easy with salt and pepper, toast, strawberries, a glass of orange juice, and a rose.

"Oh shit. You weren't supposed to answer the door. I was gonna bring you breakfast in bed but I couldn't reach my key," he says balancing the tray.

"You're adorable," I smile kissing his cheek helping him with the tray.

For the next couple hours Dalton and I get ready to go to the dress rehearsal for the show tonight. Tonight we find out who made the Top 6. Dalton wanted to leave early because Mackenzie and him are gonna do a duet together which I am extremely excited for.

I throw on a pair of light grey skinny jeans that are tucked into my short black heeled boots, a loose white tee shirt, and Dalton's leather jacket with my hair curled.

"You guys lets go," Mackenzie said knocking on the door.

"Alright coming," Dalton says handing me my purse.

We walk down to my car and drive to the studio. I sit in the row where the Kiva and I are gonna sit during the show while Dalton and Mackenzie rehearse. I smile and laugh as my attention is caught by Dalton and Mackenzie dancing randomly for no reason.

"Looking good guys," I laugh.

-----

Although the show was rough Dalton, Mackenzie, Trent, La Porsha, Sonika, and Tristan all are still in the competition. It broke my heart to hear that Avalon and Lee weren't gonna be in the next round but I can tell this isn't the end for them. Every week gets more and more stressful as more of our friends go home.