•Chapter 50•

[Jai]

"Thank you for a lovely dinner," I said giving Kiva a hug, "I had an amazing time."

"It's the least I can do. You've made not only my son happy but our whole family. We all just love you."

"I'm so glad to hear that. I really love you guys too," I smile meaning everything I say.

"Sometime after this competition is over do you think you'd have time to come down to Texas and meet the whole gang?"

"I think I can make some time," I giggle as Kiva holds my hands, "did you want to come back to my apartment and stay the night so you're not stuck in a hotel?"

"Oh no that's okay but thank you so much for the offer," she says letting go of my hands, "you better get into bed. Tomorrow is a big night."

"Top 4," I say feeling the anxiety build up even talking about it.

"Love you kiddo," Kiva says walking away.

"Love you too."

As I get in my car I feel a big smile on my face. I've never met any of my ex's parents before and I'm just so glad I have the Rapattoni's in my life. They are all such great people. Once I get to my apartment I go straight to my bedroom and change into pajamas.

I throw on a pair of black athletic shorts, one of Dalton's teeshirts, and my hair in a bun. I hop on the couch and turn on the tv.

"Babe I'm home," Dalton says coming in the door.

I run over to him giving him a kiss before he can get another word out. I feel his hands on my lower back sending a spark up my spin. I pull away and put my head on his chest.

"What was that for," Dalton ask with shock in his voice.

"I had the best time at dinner with your mom tonight," I smile holding his hands.

"That's awesome! What did you guys talk about at dinner?"

"You, your sisters, the show, me, my music, how your mom is doing. You know stuff like that. She told me your family likes me," I smile.

"They really do. They ask about you every time I call."

"I'm glad," I smile looking at my feet, "we better get to bed we have to be fully rested for the Top 4 tomorrow."

-----

The next day Dalton and I were moving in fast motion. We got up and went to the studio at 7:30. By 8:30 Dalton was on stage practicing. 10:30 we stopped for breakfast. 11:00 back at it again rehearsing until 3:00. And as of now we are 15 minutes away from show time and are currently getting ready. This week is a big deal to Dalton. Not only would he be I the Top 4 if he makes it but he'll also get to home and see his family.

"Hey hey. You guys ready," Trent says coming into the room.

"Ready ready," I say looking at my outfit.

I decided to wear a black skater skirt, my black docs, a cream colored crop top with long sleeves, my hair curled, and dark lipstick.

"Alright I'm ready," Dalton sighs walking out of the room with Trent and I.

I go and find my seat by Kiva and wait for the show to get started. As the lights start going dark and people start performing I feel my heart race faster than a race car. As the show goes on more everyone starts getting in. La'Porsha, Trent, and Mackenzie go and sit in the chairs leaving Sonika and Dalton.

I saw as the two of them went on stage. Ryan tells Kieran to dim the lights. I feel my heart stop and my palms get sweaty as the lights go down. I hold Kiva's hand pray to God that if Dalton is going on it is because he made it in the Top 4 for a hometown visit.

Suddenly Ryan opens the card with the results. I feel Kiva squeeze my hand as he read the card. He's in. My Dalty is in the Top 4! I feel my skin crawl as Dalton and Sonika hug. I know it's the nice thing to do but still I can't stand her. She knows she can scare me and she uses it to her advantage.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god," Dalton repeats running over to me. He hugs me causing me to be lifted off my feet.

"We are so proud of you baby boy," Kiva says kissing his forehead.

"Thanks mama," he smiles in his adorable way, "oh my god this means I get to go home! The producer said they are gonna fly us out on a private jet Saturday morning."

"Then I'm gonna book a flight for tomorrow morning," Kiva says taking her phone out.

"I'm so proud of you," I say kissing his cheek.

"Come with me."

"Where?"

"Texas. Come back home with me to Texas and meet everyone."

"I don't know you're gonna be so busy."

"Then be with me there. You've been with me through this whole thing," he smiles holding my hands, "be with me when I go home. I want to experience that with you. Plus my mom makes these super awesome ketchup and jelly meatballs," Dalton says dancing with my hands.

"Ketchup and jelly meatballs," I laugh.

"Ketchup and jelly meatballs. It would mean everything to me for you to meet my Nina and see my house," he says with his bright blue eyes that he could use as a spell.

"Well then it looks like I'm going to Texas."