•Chapter 6•

[Dalton]

Ever since Jai and I went on that date last week we had been texting 24/7. I found that the more I talked to her the more I liked her. She just runs through my head all day all the time especially when I go to work. I always hope I gonna walk in and she'll be there waiting for me.

I walk into the S.O.R. (School of Rock) with Sophie trailing behind me. It was kind of cool spending the day with my little sister while she makes music and I help in that process.

"Did you text your girlfriend yet," Sophie teased.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"But you want her to be."

"We've known each other for a week," I said signing us both in, "we went on one date."

"Well I think it shouldn't be the last," Sophie said grabbing my arm making me face her, "she's super cool. When she came to speak to us that was the best. She's really chill and nice. If I were you I would ask her on more dates already."

I knew she was right. We just didn't know each other well enough yet. I mean we basically told our life stories to each other on our date but still it feels like I should know her for longer before I ask her a question like that.

Jai and I not only texted but facetimed on our laptops every night. It's always the best part of my day is when I get to see her face again. I love talking to her and just spending time with her.

-----

After work Sophie and I drove to a malt shop near the school and got two chocolate shakes and made our way home so I could FaceTime Jai. We got home and I immediately ran to my room and opened up FaceTime on my laptop.

"Hey hey," Jai said playing with her hair.

"Hey you," I smiled.

"How was work today?"

"It was good. How was your day?"

"It was great. I miss you though," she said playing with her hair.

I felt my heart skip a beat, "I miss you too."

-----

"So when am I gonna get to hear your music," Jai said as we both took a bite of some food we got.

"You've heard my music. You sent me my own videos."

"I mean in person!"

"When I hear your's," I smirked.

We talked on FaceTime from 4:00 pm until 3:00 am. She finally fell asleep at 3:00 and as soon as she did I ended the FaceTime and shut my computer and went to bed. I went to bed with a smile on my face thinking about her.

[Jai]

When I woke up I could smell breakfast cooking down stairs already. I brushed my hair and walked down the stairs to see my mom had made a full set meal. Joey and Jake sat on their phones while my parents went out. I mess up both my brothers' hair as I grabbed a mug of coffee. I heard my text tone go off in my sweatshirt pocket and wreck for it waiting for my coffee.

Dalton ✌️: Guess who's going on Warped Tour?

Me: Shut your mouth! Are you gonna come to San Diego?

Dalton ✌️: you better believe it! After that I fly home and have my audition in Little Rock.

Me: Jack, Joey, and I played on going. My dad might come too.

Dalton ✌️: you better say hi to me ;)

Me: Wouldn't dream of not doing so :)

After texting Dalton for a while he sent me his audition song and it made me freak out but of course I had to keep my cool ;). His first stop on Warp Tour would be tomorrow in Minnesota which means he'll come visit. It's crazy that we've only known each other for a short time but it feels like we've been friends for a long time. I really miss him.