•Chapter 21•

[Dalton]

As I felt the heat of the lights as I walk on the stage. I look up in the seats to find Jai. I notice her sitting on the balcony and I feel a smile come across my face as I see her wave to me.

I strum a chord on my guitar and feel my heart drop as I realize it's not on. I faintly hear the sound of Harry's voice asking about the guitar. The rest of my performance felt fuzzy. I looked at the stage hand who was telling me I had finished. I took a deep breath and went out the doors in the back.

Jai came running to me and kisses me wrapping her arms around me, "was that for me?" (A/N this makes sense if you watch the video)

"Who else would it be for," I smiled still confused of what happened.

"How do you think it went?"

"I honestly don't remember," I said rubbing my face.

"What do you mean?"

"I strummed a chord but after it didn't work everything went fuzzy from there. Did I do good? Do you think they liked it," I said freaking myself out.

"Dalton relax," Jai giggled holding my hands, "you did fantastic. That was one of my favorite performances that you have ever done."

"That means a lot coming from you," I smiled, " you ready to go out for lunch?"

"I mean I guess. Do I look okay," Jai said in a panicked tone.

"Jai, you're beautiful. They're gonna love you," I smiled as she linked arms with me.

We walked to the car and made our way to the restaurant. The whole way there I couldn't help be notice how beautiful she was. She kept looking in the mirror making sure she looked okay. I could tell she was freaking out. I grab her hand and give her a smile as we pull into the restaurant.

[Jai]

As we walked into the restaurant I looked around trying to guess which couple could be his parents. The waiter beings us to a table where two friendly looking people sit.

"Hi honey," the woman said giving Dalton a hug.

"Hi mom," he said then shaking the man's hand, "mom. Dad. This is my girlfriend Jaiden Armstrong."

"Hi Jaiden," Dalton's mom says giving me a hug, "I'm Kiva and this is my husband Francis."

"It's nice to meet you," I smiled hugging them both.

"So Jaiden tell us about yourself," Kiva smiled.

"Well I grew up in Berkeley California, I'm a middle child with two brothers, I'm 19, and I'm a musician," I smile trying to hide how nervous I actually am.

"That's great! Are you parents still together?"

"Yep they've been together for 20 years."

"What do your parents do," Dalton's dad asked.

"My mom is a stay at home mom and my dad is the lead singer of Green Day," I said in a tone trying to make it sound like it's not a big deal.

"Oh our family loves Green Day!"

"Thank you," I smiled.

"What are you guys thinking you want to eat," Dalton said looking at his menu trying to avoid the topic.

I grab Dalton's hand as we look over the menu and try to order. Once we order we spent the rest of the night talking about life, Dalton as a child, and American Idol. Once our food came I couldn't remember why I was nervous. We all talked as if we had known each other forever. The best part is once my dad was brought up they didn't look at me as some celebrity they looked at me as their son's girlfriend. That's was something no one has ever done before and I loved it.