•Chapter 22•

[Dalton]

"Dalton can you grab my hair brush by the nightstand," Jai called from the bathroom.

Today is Jai's last day staying with me. She promised to stay for Hollywood week which was now coming to a close. Last night was my last performance of Hollywood week where I sang "it's gonna be me". Today we find out who is in the top 24 and it's gonna be super weird not having Jaiden by my side.

"Thanks babe," she said as I hand her the brush. I wrap my arms around her back and lay my head on her shoulder.

"Do you have to go?"

"Unfortunately," she giggled.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"Don't worry I'll be back for the live shows," she smiled.

"Unless I don't make it."

"Stop that," she said turning around putting her hands on my shoulders, "I'm sick of this. You did that last night too. Why are you being so insecure? You are so talented and you have to own that. Okay?"

"Okay," I smiled. She smiles back and gives me a kiss but goes back to packing her bag.

-----

Jai and I get into her car and drive to the studio. I look down at my leg that won't stop shaking.

"Nervous," Jai asks squeezing my hand.

"Very," I said taking a deep breath as we pulled up at the studio.

We sat not speaking. The only sound in the car was the sound of the radio playing twenty one pilots on low volume. She takes a deep breath and I look over at her as she tucks her hair behind her ear. I grab her hand and give her a smile.

"Call me when you get home okay?"

"Yeah i will," She says still looking down her hands.

"Hey," I say making her look my direction, "we will see each other soon."

"I know I just miss you when you aren't here," she says moving to face me, "I always look forward to our FaceTime calls. My heart skips a beat when your name lights up my phone. We've known only each other for 6 months but for some reason I can't picture my life without you right next to me holding my hand or cuddling me at night."

I kept my eyes opened wide with my jaw hung down a little. I felt my heart beat speed up and my palms get sweaty. I know exactly what I want to say but for some reason I can't push the words out of my mouth. I stared at her still in shock knowing exactly what she meant.

She looks down at her hands agains picking at her nails, "I guess what I'm trying to say is... I love you Dalton Rapattoni."

I felt a smile light up my whole face. I put my hands through my hair and put my hands on my face. I took them away and put them on Jaiden's hands. I grabbed her and kissed her as I felt myself smile through the kiss.

"I love you too Jaiden Armstrong."

"Alright get out of my car you have a show to be on," Jai teased.

I open the car door and see Trent waiting by the parking lot door. I put my hand on her rolled down window. She smiles at me after putting her sunglasses on.

"Hey," I say walking away from the car, "I love you."

"I love you too," she laughs.

I smile and run to Trent. I watch as her car pulls away. Trent smiles at me laughing to himself. I open the door for him as we enter the studio.

"What," I laugh as we walk in and his face still has an evil smile on it.

"Is little Dalty in love," he teases.

"Don't start with me Harmon," I laugh not whipping the smile off my face.