•Chapter 24•

[Dalton]

Never in my life would I believe that I could be so stressed but so happy about it at the same time. If I wasn't practicing the song for this week I was facetiming Jai or on social media. With the time I had to spare the producers kept telling me I need to periscopes but it's difficult to do that and not look crazy. I had a couple minutes before I had a dress rehearsal and Jai was busy writing music with her dad so I decided to jump on periscope.

"Hello rectangular piece of plastic that I call my phone," I said trying not to look insane, "I guess I'm gonna answer some questions for you all if you have any."

Just then hundreds of questions went across my screen so many i could barely read them. I sit down on a chair in the holding room and try to find questions to answer.

Kelsey37: How's American Idol going?

"Well Kelsey37, American Idol is going great. It's very stressful."

FlyAwayLexi: Do you have any new tattoos?

"Actually Fly Away Lexi, I planned on getting a new tattoo after every round I made it through but I just don't have that kind of time. Maybe I'll go get a butt load of tattoos after or something I don't know."

NotDaltonRapattoni: Are you single?

"Not Dalton Rapattoni, that's a personal question," I say to the phone.

I never really say online when in relationships with people because frankly I don't feel as if it's other people's business. It's not that I'm not proud to be with Jai because I am I just don't think anyone else should care.

"Dalton we need you on stage," a producer said from behind me. I quickly end the periscope and go to the stage.

-----

[Jai]

A word of advice, never write a song with your crazy musician father. My dad and I spent 3 hours writing and got 2 songs. Once my dad and I finished writing I went up to my room to and just fell back on my bed. I look at my bed side table and answer a call from Joey.

"Did you just forget about our radio interview," Joey says before I can even get a word out.

"Oh my god! I totally forgot!"

"I'm outside. Let's go. We're gonna be late if we don't leave now."

"Okay I'm coming," I say hanging up and running down stairs.

"Joey I'm so sorry," I say getting in the car.

"Don't worry about it. What made you forget?"

"Dad and I were working on music," I say rubbing my eyes.

"Now I understand," he teases.

-----

Once we pulled into the parking lot cameras were already all over our car. We quickly ran into the building and saw pictures everywhere in the building of a guy named Kent Bailey. We walked into a room with Kent Bailey and sat down as he introduced us.

"Joey and Jaiden Armstrong welcome to the studio," Kent said.

"Thanks for having us," Joey said after taking a drink of water.

"The media loves you guys and the whole Armstrong family. You all seem really close," Kent comments.

"We all are. Joey, Jake, and I spend a lot of time together. I mean besides living with each other our dad always made us practice our music together," I said after taking a drink of my monster.

"Speaking of music and your dad. Jaiden you just released a new single."

"I did indeed."

"I love it. Can you explain it to the people who haven't heard it yet?"

"Well the song is called The Miles Between that I wrote about someone I love about very much. The song is basically about how you can miss someone after them being gone only for a day and have them not be too far away."

Joey sat looking at me raising his eyebrows. He knew I was wrote it about Dalton. The interviewer looks at me and Joey with a suspicious look. I keep forgetting Dalton and I haven't told anyone but our family and friends.