•Chapter 34•

[Dalton]

"That was an awesome birthday," I smile as we get into our room.

"It's not over yet," Jai says handing me a box.

"What's this?"

"Open it and find out," Jaiden says jumping on the bed like a little kid.

I set it on the bed and open it slowly. I look inside the box and see a Hogwarts beanie, a doctor who guitar pick, and a note at the bottom that says look in the closet.

"Look in the," I say looking up at Jai who is opening the closet door with an evil smile on her face.

Just then Jai pulls out a guitar but not just any guitar. A Taylor 214ce 200 deluxe series grand auditorium acoustic-electric guitar in black with the words I'm Nobody engraved in the back in gold colored writing. One of the best guitars out there.

"No way! Jaiden there is no way," I said in excitement.

"Yes way. I went out and got it three days ago but the engraving didn't get finished until yesterday," she says handing it to me.

"Jaiden this is a thousand dollar guitar! I can't believe you did this," I said in amazement of the guitar.

"I know it costed a lot but I know you'll use it," Jaiden smiles.

"Jai. I... I don't even know how to thank you," I say picking her up and spinning her around in a hug.

"Happy birthday Dalton," Jai smiles as I keep her up off her feet.

"My real birthday isn't even for three more days," I say putting her down.

"I know but I figured you could use this to practice for your first wildcard round."

"I love you so much," I say as she goes into the bathroom to change.

"I love you too," she calls after taking her makeup off.

[Jai]

The next morning Dalton had an early for a rehearsal schedule which is perfect since I have to pick up my family at the airport. I wake up get my clothes on and get into my car.

I drive to a private spot of the parking ramp where I was going to meet my family. I watch as they walk out of an elevator to my car.

"Hey guys," I say hugging my mom and dad.

"Hey sweetie," my mom says kissing my forehead.

"How was your flight," I say hugging Joey and Jake.

"It was great except for there was this one baby that cried the whole flight," Jake complains as he puts everyone's bag in the trunk.

"Mom you should really take care Jake when he gets like that," Joey teases as we all get in the car.

I drive my family to their hotel to drop off their stuff and drive to the studio. Once we arrive mom goes to catch up with Jennifer while dad, Joey, Jake, and I all practice the song we plan on doing.

The producers told us he wants our family to play two songs. For our first song we are going to play Basket Case. For Basket Case my dad is going sing but he wants me to sing Wake Me Up When September End. We practice the songs 5 times each before we decide to call it a day.

"Hey kids nice job today," my dad says rubbing my head.

"Thanks dad," Jake says as my dad messes up his hair.

"Where is your boyfriend," Joey teases me.

"He is probably in the blue room."

"Well let's go get him," my dad says marching off the stage.

"I'm totally down for that but why?"

"Because I want to go get a new tattoo and I know you want one too so let's all go together," my dad says dragging us to the blue room where Dalton is sitting with Trent and Manny.

"Dalton grab your things and call your mom in the car," my dad says proudly while Trent and Manny are in shock that it's my dad.