•Chapter 31•

[Jai]

I walk back to the room in complete shock. Did that actually just happen? She has to be kidding right? Take me away from Dalton... Why and how?

"Hey," Dalton smiles.

I don't say anything. I grab some pajama black short athletic shorts and a navy blue pill over sweater. I walk over to the bed and just lay down on my side not even facing Dalton.

"Jaiden what's wrong," Dalton says leaning on his elbow.

"Well I just found out Sonika isn't as nice as I thought she is," I say laying on my back.

"What are you talking about?"

"Sonika told me she wants to steal you from me. Whatever that means."

"You're kidding," Dalton says sitting up completely, "Jaiden. There is no way in hell she or anyone could take you anyway from me."

"I believe you," I smile as I run my fingers over Dalton's black tank top he wears to bed every night.

Dalton leans down and kisses me. I smile through the kiss and put my hands on the back of his neck. He lays over the top of me not letting our lips leave contact.

"I love you so much," he smiles putting our foreheads together.

"I love you too," I smile kissing his forehead.

-----

The next morning came so fast after last night. I didn't want to see Sonika today in all honesty after last night she kind of scared me. Once I woke up Dalton was still sleeping. I smile at the site of him sleeping the way he does.

I quietly get out of bed and put on a pair of leggings. I slip on my converse and grab Dalton's jacket and throw it on over my sweater.

"Hey Jai," I hear Avalon say from behind me.

"Hey Av! I'm just about to go to Starbucks to get for Dalton and I did you wanna come? I'll buy."

"Sure!"

we walk down to my car and get it blasting the radio. We jam out to some songs and we pull into the Starbucks. We link arms and walk in together.

"Well how was your night," Avalon says as we get our drinks and walk back to the car.

"It was interesting," I say thinking about what Sonika said, "How about your's?"

"It was okay. Have you and Dalton told the public that you guys are dating yet?"

"I planned on it today," I smile as we hop in the car.

"Good I think you guys are adorable."

"Thanks," I laugh, "apparently not everyone does."

"What do you mean?"

"It's nothing," I smile trying to blow it off.

"Jai. We are good friends aren't we?"

"Of course!"

"Then you know you can trust me. So what's wrong?"

"Last night Sonika told me she wants to date Dalton and take him away from me or something," I say trying not to think about it.

"What?!"

"It's fine."

"It certainly is not fine," Avalon says more freaked out than me.

"I trust Dalton," I laugh, "I'm sure everything will be fine."

As Avalon and I walk into the hotel we see the van that takes people to the studio. Avalon and I walk over to Trent, La Porsha, Sonika, and Dalton sitting on a bench waiting for the van.

"Hey hot stuff," Dalton smiles as I give him an ice chai.

"Hey babe," I say hugging Dalton. I look over his shoulder and see Sonika glaring at me.

"Who's ready to go rehearse," La Porsha says linking arms with me.

La Porsha and I have gotten close as the contest. She's kind of like everyone's mom. As everyone get in the van I sit next to Dalton.

"Hey guys can I sit over here," Sonika says coming to the seat that I'm in.

"Yeah sure," Dalton says picking me up and putting me on his lap.

I smile at him as he puts his hand on my thigh and the other on my side. Sonika smiles at us but I could tell the smile was an act. I decide there is not better time than to post the picture of Dalton and I. Within minutes I get thousands of likes and positive comments.