•Chapter 46•

[Jai]

As the week went on Dalton and I got more and more busy. Ever since Dalton got into the top 6 he has had to do tons of Ford commercials, interviews, and he's been rehearsing late into the night. I've also been writing more music hoping to make an album this year.

As of right now I'm sitting on my couch for the first time in what feels like years. I take a sip of my ice chai that Dalton got for me before he went to rehearsals. I look over at ringing phone and pick it up to see Jake's picture.

"Hey Jakie," I say taking another sip.

"Hey Sis. How's the apartment?"

"It's paradise. Too bad you aren't old enough to move out," I tease.

"Yeah whatever," he laughs, "how's Dalton?"

"He's great. How are mom and dad?"

"They're good. That's actually why I called. This is super last minute so if you don't wanna go I get it. Apparently we got invited to a music in our schools event. I figured that's right up you're ally plus you were invited."

"Yeah that's sounds like fun. Text me the info."

"Tell Dalton he'll actually have to wear a suit for this," he teases.

"I'll pass on the message," I laugh.

Once Jake and I hung up the phone I go to my room and see if I have anything I could wear. I hear the front door open and the sound of Dalton's docs hitting the floor.

"Hey you," I say skipping down the stairs giving him a kiss.

"Hey I have exciting news," he says with his face a glow.

"Me too! You first," I laugh as he grabs my hands.

"All of us American idol got invited to a chairty event of music in our schools!"

"So did my family! We have to go to that," I say jumping up and down in excitement.

"Okay okay we'll go," Dalton laughs.

-----

After I finish getting ready I go to the mirror and check to make sure I look okay. I decided to wear a gold dress, a short black leather jacket, black heels, my hair curled, with winged eyeliner and rose colored eyeshadow.

"Dalton are you ready to go," I saw walking out of the bathroom to see Dalton standing in a suit with a white marble shirt. I standing shock looking at how nicely he cleans up. I notice he looks at me the same.

"Wow. Dalton you look amazing," I say in shock still.

"That's what I was gonna say about you," he smiles.

Dalton and I drive to the event and are automatically attacked by cameras. Once we walk into the event we are blinded by cameras. We pose for a couple pictures but just stay holding hands trying our best not to get dizzy from the flashes.

"Hey mom! Hey dad," I say running over to give them a hug with Dalton trailing behind me.

"Hey baby," my dad says kissing my forehead before hugging Dalton.

"Where are those annoying humans I call my brothers?"

"They're running late. As usual," my dad teases.

"Dalton do you and the top 6 need to do anything for the show," my mom asks concerned.

"I probably should take some pictures with them and shtuff," Dalton smiles in his dorky ways.

"I'll go with you I wanna see my friends," I smile holding Dalton's hand.

We walk over to the group of the other top 6 expect Sonika who is being interviewed by someone. I smile and cover Trent's eyes as they all stand awkwardly in a circle.

"Boo," I smile.

"Jaiden," the group all says.

"Hey guys," I say doing a little dance as Dalton walks over.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm thirsty. I'm gonna go get some punch anyone else want some?"

"I'll take one," Mackenzie adds.

"Me too," La'porsha comments.

"Alright I'm on it," I smile walking to the punch bowl.

I start pouring the drinks when I feel a presents behind me. I turn to my left and see Sonika next to me.

"Oh hey Sonika," I smile trying not to mention the picture.

"Hey Jaiden. It must be so awkward being here in the same place with Dalton," she says in a passive aggressive tone, "you know since you broke up."

"Actually we never broke up. We had a bit of an argument but nothing we can't handle. After all we are adults.

"If you're referring to the pictures Dalton told me about them."

"Yeah but it's okay I know how the paparazzi can be. Their way of twisting situations," I smile trying to be understanding.

"Oh no I meant for those pictures to happen. I paid Kent to take the pictures," she smirks taking my drink before walking off.

That bitch paid Kent to start the dating rumor.