•Chapter 25•

[Jai]

"Jai wake up," I heard Jake say banging on my door.

"What," I say opening the door.

"you gotta see this," Jake says handing me his phone.

I open my eyes more and look at a TMZ article with my name on it. It read "Jaiden Armstrong secret boyfriend?" I look at it then look back up at Jake.

"What is this?"

"TMZ thinks you have a boyfriend but they don't know it's Dalton. They've been trying to contact the house all day. Mom and dad are on a call with seven different interviewers right now."

"What? This is crazy," I say putting hands to my temple, "they aren't bugging Dalton are they. He's stressed enough."

"No they have no idea it's him."

"That's good," I say walking down the stairs to see my dad and mom pacing the floor.

"I'm sorry Mr. Conan but I let my daughter tell her life," my dad says running his hands through his hair.

"What the hell is going on," my mom says as they both hang up the phone.

"Joey and I had an interview yesterday and I mentioned my new song and what it was about... Joey was giving me looks because he knew it was about Dalton but apparently Kent Bailey..."

"Wait what? You and Joseph had an interview with Kent Bailey," my dad yells.

"Yeah... Why?"

"Kent Bailey is known for spreading rumors about celebrities and getting into their personal life. He ends up knowing everyone's secrets."

I put my hands on my forehead. I knew this conversation wasn't going to be good the second he called Joey by his full name.

"So what now," I say sitting in the counter.

"Call Dalton."

"No! He'll get overwhelmed. He's already stressed enough."

"Jaiden. He has the right to know. If the public wants to know about your relationship status you should at least tell him what's going on."

"Okay. Just not right now. Give me time to sort things out."

[Dalton]

"Dalty," I hear Trent say as I leave the stage.

"Hey Trent."

"I'm going to Walgreens to pick up some stuff do you wanna come with?"

"Sure."

Trent and I walk to the Walgreens that isn't too far from our hotel. We walk in to the store being basically empty. I walk past the makeup section and quickly look at the eyeliner.

"Hey Dalton," Trent calls from magazine section.

"Yeah?"

"Isn't your girlfriend's name Jaiden?"

"Yeah," I say running over to him.

"Did you see this," Trent says handing me a magazine that Jai is on.

"Jaiden Kid Armstrong has a secret lover?"

That's gotta be me right? I get my phone out and text Jai. I look through the magazine to see if Jai had been talking about me but nothing showed up.

Me: Hey Jai. What's new?

Jai ❤️: Nothing really Hbu?

Me: Oh not much. I'm just hanging out with Trent. I forgot to ask you how did the interview go?

Jai ❤️: It went okay. I won't be interviewing with him ever again though.

Me: Oh really why?

Jai ❤️: No reason don't worry about it :)

"Something's not right," I say to Trent.

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know why but Jai is freaking out."

"How do you know?"

"I just know."

As Trent and I drove home all I could think about was what Jai was hiding from me. If it was me that the press was talking about why not just tell me. Unless I'm not her only boyfriend. That's crazy. She would never cheat on me.

Once Trent and I got to the hotel I went straight to my room. I flopped onto my bed and pulled a pillow over my face.

"Dalton," Mackenzie said opening the door slowly.

"Yeah," I ask keeping my head under the pillow.

"What's going on," Mackenzie said sitting on the other bed, "Trent told me about the magazine thing."

"I don't know. She hasn't talked about it with me yet."

"It's gotta be you," Mackenzie says reassuring me, "the way she looks at you says it all. She just loves you."

"I trust her," I say taking a deep breath.

I do trust her. I just really hope she doesn't give me a reason not to.