•Chapter 35•

[Jai]

My Dad grabs the key to my car and hops into the driver's seat. I look at Joey as he gets in the passenger side leaving Dalton and I to the back seat.

"How ya doin Dalton," my dad asks as he does a burn out away from the studio.

"I'm good sir-"

"Hey," my dad cuts him off, "none of the sir bullshit. I told you about this already."

"Sorry Billie," Dalton laughs, "where are we going?"

"It's a tattoo party," my dad says as we pull into one of the most famous tattoo shops in California.

I grab Dalton's hand as we walk into the tattoo shop. Dalton looks at me and smiles squeezing my hand tight.

"Nervous," Dalton says as we walk back to a private tattoo room.

"Extremely. I'm afraid of it hurting," I said itching my wrist.

"Don't worry you're strong you can do it."

"Will you... Will you hold my hand," I say shyly as I sit in the chair.

"Of course I will," Dalton smiles grabbing my right hand as my left wrist begins to be inked.

-----

Once all of us finish our tattoos we drive back to the studio. The urge to itch my new tattoo was unbearable.

"Don't do it," Dalton says being the only one who didn't get a new tattoo.

"I know," I frown as we pull into the studio parking lot.

"Well let's go show mom and then get some food. I'm starving," my dad comments as we go into the studio.

"Dad tomorrow is the show we have to go to be early," I remind him looking at the time.

"It's only 9:30. Oh shit it's 9:30!"

"You take my car. Dalton and I will take the shuttle," I say grabbing Dalton's hand.

"Okay. Go to bed you two no funny business," my mom teases giving me a kiss on the head.

-----

[Dalton]

The sound of the alarm clock felt like a punishment at this point. I get out of bed and see Jai putting her makeup on already. I go behind her and rest my head on her back.

"Hey sleepy head," Jai smiles putting her mascara on.

"Can we just go back to bed and ignore the world please," I groan putting my chin on the top of her head.

"As fun as that sounds," Jai says turning around putting eyeliner on my eyelids, "you have a show today. You're not nervous are you?"

"At this point I'm just more nervous about going home. I miss my family and all but I love being on this show."

"I'm so glad you're not as stressed as you were during Hollywood week," Jai smiles, "I have to go rehearse a couple more times with my family but I'll see you tonight," she smiles kissing me quick.

"Hey," I say as she walks toward the door, "I love you."

"Hey," she mocks, "I love you too."

"Really?"

"Eh sometimes," she jokes closing the door behind her.

I get into the shower and get ready for the day quickly before doing a Facebook live stream. Once that is finished I sit in my room practicing the song before we record the show. This week is wildcard round which is extremely stressful because it means 10 people are going to go home, leaving us with the Top 14.

"Dalton it's time to go," Mackenzie says knocking on my door.

"Comin," I say packing the guitar Jai gave me.

As we get to the studio I hear the sound of Sonika talking to Avalon. I quickly run back stage with Mackenzie and Trent. As Tucci tells us the places we have to stand so we can get the show rolling I feel something on my palm... I look down and see a tan hand scratching my palm. I quickly look up to see Sonika standing right next to me. I pull my hand away just as the doors to the stage open. Show time.