•Chapter 11•

[Dalton]

After talking to Jai's family for a couple hours I helped Ali clean the dishes while Jai took a quick shower and changed her clothes. Once I finished with the dishes I walked upstairs and laid on Jai's bed in exhaustion just happy to be in a bed.

"Tired," Jai asked bringing her laptop to the bed and climbing in laying next to me.

"Very," I chuckled as she laid her head on my chest pulling up Netflix.

"Wanna watch a movie with me?"

"Sure what movie?"

"I don't care you pick."

"How about Grease," I said picking the first on that caught my eye.

"Grease is my favorite movie!"

"Well now we have to watch it," I laughed.

Half way through the movie Jai started to fall asleep tossing and turning every once and a while. Once it was the drive in movie scene I started to close the computer but was stopped by Jai pulling her hand on it.

"Don't. this is my favorite song in the whole movie," she said opening her eyes a little bit to mouth every word.

"I thought you were sleeping?"

"I was but I can never miss this scene. It's always been my favorite. When I was younger," she began to say before pausing to yawn, "I watched the movie with my mom for the first time and this scene came on and I felt my little heart skip a beat. I told my mom that if a guy sang that song to me I would know they love me."

"That's adorable," I smiled.

"Whatever," she said with a mix of yawning and laughing.

Once she finally shut her eyes and fell asleep it wasn't long until I did the same. It felt so good to fall asleep with her in my arms. All the nights we fell asleep on FaceTime I had always thought about what it actually would feel like but in reality it felt so much better.

-----

[Jai]

Once I woke up it was 12:30 and Dalton was still asleep. I stretched and walked downstairs to go get some coffee.

"Geez I was wondering if you were ever gonna wake up," my dad teased.

"Ha ha," I mocked sipping some coffee and pouring a cup for Dalton.

"What did you and Dalton have planned for the day?"

"I don't know yet. Probably practice his audition. Why?"

"Your mom and I are going out to dinner with some friends. Why don't you come and bring him?"

"Sure," I say grabbing the coffees and bringing them upstairs.

I walk into my room to see Dalton rubbing his eyes and stretching.

"Hey," he said in a raspy morning voice that was actually kind of hot.

"I brought you some coffee."

"Aw thanks," he said as I sat down on the bed.

"Would you want to go to dinner tonight with my parents and some of their friends?"

"Sure," he said taking a drink of his coffee, "they must not hate me," he teased.

"Well I can see why. I don't hate you."

"Good. I don't hate you. I couldn't hate you."

"Well that's good because I've really taken a liking to you Sir Rapattoni," I said trying not to blush.

He just sat and smiled.

"Do you have any fancier clothes," I said clearing my throat.

"Yeah I have something I can through together," he smiled at me.

"Hey let's practice your audition song," I said getting off the bed to avoid the stare down we were in.

"Okay I'll grab my guitar," he said but I stopped his hand and held it in mine.

"You won't need it," I said as we walk down to the band room.

We walk down the stairs as I held his hand in mine. Once we got into the band room I looked as Dalton's face lit up with excitement. He stared at our rack of guitars organized from electrics, electric acoustics, acoustics, basses, ukuleles. That's only our strings that we keep on the wall.

-------------------------------------------------------
A/N!

Hello fellow humans! I don't know how any of you feel about this story but I have up to chapter 20 of this story so if you comment if you want me to post them all. Thanks and I hope you enjoy :)