•Chapter 19•

[Jai]

By the time I woke up I look around and see Dalton isn't here. I throw on a pair of leggings, a ripped up Pink Floyd muscle shirt, with a brown leather jacket, black doc martins, and my hair in a pony tail. I got a cup of coffee for me and tea for his voice and drove to the studio.

I walk in to the studio and see people asleep on random places. I check in and look around for Dalton. I turn a corner and see Mackenzie looking half awake.

"Hey Mackenzie."

"Hey Jai."

"Do you know where Dalton is by any chance?"

"Yeah he is sleeping on the floor down the hall," he laughs to himself.

"Of course he is. Thanks Mackenzie."

I walk over to Dalton sleeping and just smile to myself as he cuddles his guitar. I sit down next to his guitar and set the tea on the floor. I itch his back and watch as a smile creeps on his face.

"I really hope that's you Jaiden and not some old creepy guy who drives a van," Dalton teases.

"I brought you some tea," I laugh.

"You're an angel."

"I like to think so," I smile as he sits up and takes a drink, "how did last night go?"

"Well I have a group but it was hell. We met another girl and practiced or song for most of the night," he yawned laying down putting his head in my lap.

"I'm sorry D," I said putting my hands in his hair.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're here," he smiles.

I smile putting my hands on each side of his cheeks giving him a kiss before pulling away, "okay time for you to brush your teeth," I tease.

-----

[Dalton]

After practicing one more time with my group "Chicken Noodle Soup" it was time to preform and see if this is going to be my last day. After sitting in the call room for a while doing warm ups while Jai opens the door a crack and smiles at me.

"Hey Dalton," she said in a high pitched voice, "someone is here to see you." She says opening the door walking in with Will Jay.

"Hey man," I say giving him a hug, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to support you. Duh," Will laughs.

"Thanks man!"

"Jai and I gotta go because you're going on soon so don't mess up," Will teases.

"You're gonna do great," Jai says giving me a kiss on the cheek before they walk out.

Performance time came quickly. We stood back stage waiting for our turn. For some reason American Idol has made my nerves explode. They called our group name signaling us to go on stage. I take a deep breath and think about Jai and Will watching. I just repeat its all gonna be okay.

Once we finish out performance and wait for our results. I can feel my stomach trying to eat itself as the judges try to decide our fate.

"You're all going through to the next round," J-Lo says making my heart explode.

I hug my group and get off the stage to talk to the cameras. I finish my little interview as I see Jai and Will running toward my direction. Jai jumps in my arms and kisses me.

"Oh my god I'm so proud of you," she smiles as I kiss her forehead and out her back on the ground, "I gotta call my parents and tell them how you did!"

"Great job buddy," Will says giving me a hug.

"Thanks man."

"Jai seems really cool," Will says noticing I'm still staring at her.

"She really is."

"You know I'm a little a offended. I thought we were best friends and you didn't even tell me your dating someone," Will teased.

"We aren't dating but I would like to be."

"Then ask her."

"How?"

"Using words would help," Will teased.

"You're not helpful," I laugh.