•Chapter 40•

[Dalton]

Once the show was over the other people in the Top 8 and I decided to go get ice cream. Me being the lovely boyfriend that I am I get a bowl for Jai too.

"Hey Sonika," I call as she walks out the front of our hotel, "thanks for taking care of Jai tonight. It meant a lot to me."

"Anytime! Her and I talked for a while and I gotta say she's a great girl. You really lucked out," she smiles.

"Well thank you again," I say giving her a hug trying not to drop the ice cream.

"Here let me help you with that," Sonika laughs taking Jai's bowl, "and it's really no trouble."

"Well I better get back to the sick girl. Thanks for the millionth time," I laugh.

Sonika laughs handing me the ice cream in away that won't make it live in the edge. We stand in a comfortable silence for a couple seconds when suddenly she leans in and kisses my cheek.

"Smile for the camera," some guys says with brown hair who looks familiar but I can't get a clear look due to his camera flash.

We run inside and try to blink away the blinding flashes. I walk to the elevator rubbing my eyes with my arm. I make my way up to the room and manage to put the key in.

"Jai I'm back," I say putting the ice cream in the freezer.

I walk over to her quiet body and watch as her breathing controls the movement of her chest going up and down in perfect rhythm. I smile looking at her cuddle my sweater that she is wearing. I tuck some hairs behind her ears and take her phone out of her hand.

I plug her phone and put it on the night stand while I got into the bathroom to change. When I get back Jai is still in her same place as if I was watching her one motion on loop. I smile as I lay down next to her not caring about her sickness. I rest my hand on her slightly opened hand. My smile grows as she slowly holds my hand back but stays in her sleep.

-----

The next morning I'm awoken by the sound of a hair dryer and the sound of music. I stretch as I walk over to the bathroom door and slide the door open.

"Good morning," Jai says brushing her now dry hair out.

"Good morning," I say hugging her from behind like I do every morning, "how are you feeling?"

"Surprisingly fantastic!"

"No more sickness?"

"No more sickness," she smiles kissing my on the cheek.

"What are you getting all ready for?"

"I'm gonna go have brunch with my dad and maybe spend the day with him."

"That sounds like a lot of fun," I say brushing my teeth, "tell him I say hi?"

"You bet I will," she smiles, "what does your schedule look like today?"

"The same as everyday. Rehearsals. Rehearsals. Rehearsals. I should be done by 8:30 tonight."

"Well when you're done with your crazy day lets have a date night. Say Deadpool movie at 8:50?"

"I'll meet you there," I smile giving her a quick kiss.

"I better get going so I can beat the crazy LA traffic," she says picking up her purse, "I love you."

"I love you too," I smile as she closes the door. I love it when she says that.

I quickly get dress and get on the shuttle to get to rehearsals. Once I get there the band is already set up and ready for Trent to go practice his set mean. I walk straight to the Blue Room where everyone else is but Sonika, Avalon, and Trent. I take a deep breath and smile walking into the room. This where I'm meant to be.