•Chapter 42•

[Jai]

"Jaiden. Jaiden wait," Dalton says chasing me into the parking lot.

"Wait for what," I say turning around to face him with tears running down my cheeks in able to hold them back anymore.

"For me to explain. Please Jaiden let's talk about this."

I choke back my tears trying to be as strong as I can, "tell me what happened then," I say wiping the makeup away from under my eyes.

"The Top 8 got ice cream so I got one for you then said I was gonna go back to spend time with you. Sonika noticed my hands were full and offered to help me take them back to the hotel. I said that would be okay. When we were outside I thanked her for taking care of you. She kissed my cheek and some guy took a picture. That's all that happened I promise you."

"That guy was Kent Bailey," I say whipping my tears trying to be strong by failing miserably, "it didn't look like you pulled away."

"You know I don't like her. Jaiden you have to believe me I love you and only you," he says with tears running down his perfect cheeks.

I felt my heart sink watching tear fall down his face. I get an urge to whip his tears and tell him it's gonna be okay but I just couldn't.

"Jaiden please say something," he said pulling me out of my blank stare at his tears.

"I have to go," I say barely above a whisper getting in my car.

"Jaiden please let's talk about this," he said knocking on my window with tears running down his face.

I ignored him knowing if I stayed another minute I would break down in tears. I don't really know where to go. I just drive. I don't know where I'm going, where I'll end up, or what will happen when I get here for now all I'm doing is driving.

-----

After driving for an hour just listening to music I pull into a parking lot and just sit there. I look at my phone that has 8 texts and 4 missed calls. All from Dalton. I put my phone down not wanting to have to talk about this anymore. All I wanted to do was talk to him about anything but Sonika and watch Greese with him and cuddle like we used to.

I look down at my ringing phone and see it's surprisingly not Dalton. I pick the phone up and see the picture Trent and I took a couple weeks ago. I answer but don't say anything.

"Jai! Where are you? Are okay," he panics before I can even get a word out.

"I'm fine. I'm just in a parking lot," I say sniffling a little.

"Jaiden," he says softly, "it's just me and Mackenzie. Are you actually okay?"

I stop and put the phone to my forehead as more tears fall down my face, "no," I say trying not to cry more.

"Jaiden come back home where you belong," Mackenzie says in a concerned voice.

"I can't I'm mad at him."

"Jaiden come back to the hotel," Trent says also sounded very concerned, "we can just watch a movie and order a pizza-"

"No," I say cutting him off, "I just can't see Dalton right now. I'll break down and just don't want to him to see that. I know how Dalton is and if he sees me cry again it'll just... it'll crush him," I say trying so hard not to cry thinking about Dalton crying.

"You don't have to worry about seeing Dalton," Mackenzie comments after taking a deep breath.

"What do you mean? Is he okay?"

"Dalton hasn't come out of his room since he got home. He came back sobbing and he wouldn't open the door for anyone."

"Mackenzie shut up that's not helping," Trent says trying to make me feel better, "Jaiden just please come back here. We just want to make sure you're gonna be okay."

"Thanks guys," I say taking a deep breath.

"Are you okay to drive?"

"Yeah I'll be fine," I say whipping my eyes so they are dry.

"Okay. Well we love you," Trent says.

"I love you guys too," I laugh.